Name Change

reefrubble

Premium Member
I would like to get a Reef Club going in the Spring Hill area again . I am a member of the Tampa Bay Reef Club , and their meetings are all way too far south of the spring hill area . with the cost of gas and everything I don't make a lot of their meetings . ANCHOR was started by group of reef tank enthusiast in an effort to have a club in the area ( North Of Tampa . ) Over time , due to people getting out of the hobby , or moving away ANCHOR dissolved . I strongly believe there are a lot of reef keepers in the Spring Hill area , that would benefit by having a reef club close to home . I would like to start (SHARK ) Spring Hill Area Reef Keepers . I am looking for any , and all input on this matter.

Thank You , Ted

I just started a new tank after being away from the hobby for a while and am in Spring Hill and would be interested in local meets

Great , What type of tank do you have ? Is it a fish only with live rock , a softy tank , a mixed reef , or a SPS tank ? Do you know any other reef tank keepers in the Spring Hill area . Ted

Just started a 40 breeder that i plan on being a mixed reef. So far only has 1 clown in it and a few hermits. Nee to start collecting some frags for it.

Don't really know any local reefers except i've met you once. Don't know if you remember but a few years back i was over to help put the tank on your stand.

I do remember a Blue04 . That was a few years back . You have been the only one to reply to this thread , so far. I was hoping there would be more interest , for a reef club in the Spring Hill Area .

I think it's fantastic, I'm a member of TBRC and it is an excellent club with fantastic members, but all the events and meetings are a very long way, especially for the spring hill/brooksville people I'm sure.

I think it's fantastic, I'm a member of TBRC and it is an excellent club with fantastic members, but all the events and meetings are a very long way, especially for the spring hill/brooksville people I'm sure.

I agree with you 100% , and that is why I think we need something up this way . May be we can be an extension of TBRC . I'm not looking to compete with TBRC , but I live too far away to make a lot of the meetings . I like to met , and talk with local reef tank keepers once a month .

Exactly what I was going to say as well, not a competing club, more of a sister club. I would be a member of both for sure :)

One thing we could do would be to post a flyer or something at the LFS in the area to get some attention?

If we wanted to do an external website for information like TBRC i'd be willing to put something together.

LFS is a good idea, I'm unsure of the website though, any exposure is good, but how many people in TBRC actually use the site? And it's a nice site lol

I would assume quite a few do, their forum seems to have recent activity and it appears all members need to join / renew their memberships through the site. Always seems updated with new photos from meets / events.

Back