Nanobox duo

shua71

Can anybody explain what the different channels do? Emailed Dave but he just isn't answering the question which is a little disappointing...

He states the duo should be enough lighting for a standard 50 cube any opinions on this?

Experiences with this light is greatly appreciated. Thanks all

This info is right on the website:

Duo: Channel Break Down : • CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White, Lime and Violet • CH2 - Royal Blue, Blue and Cyan

Duo Plus: Channel Break Down : • CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White and Lime • CH2 - Royal Blue • CH3 - Blue and Cyan • CH4 - Violet

Duo Plus M: Channel Break Down : • CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White and Lime • CH2 - Royal Blue • CH3 - Blue and Cyan • CH4 - Violet • CH5 - Moonlight ( Royal Blue )

Ha... I was just gonna post that! It's right on his website for you to read. The more channels you have, the more control over the color spectrum you will have.

As far as a Duo on a 24" x 24" cube goes, the Duo would work provided that you are mindful of where you set up your rockwork and coral placement. From side to side it is more than adequate. Fore to aft however is where you need to be mindful of positioning.

Last edited:
The channels will be what is controllable. I have a 4 channel controllable from Dave, I can fully control my Blues, Whites, Cyan's and UV from 0% to 100%

If you get the Duo you will be able to control
CH1 - Neutral White, Warm White, Lime and Violet from 0% to 100% intensity
CH2 - Royal Blue, Blue and Cyan from 0% to 100%

Personally I really like having 4 channel control so I can fully adjust all of my spectrum. I do wish I had 5 channel so I could have a dedicated moonlight channel

;)Dave's customer service is top notch, but not sure he should be expected to recite the info from his website to customers. :thumbsup:

;)Dave's customer service is top notch, but not sure he should be expected to recite the info from his website to customers. :thumbsup:

Also to point out. Dave has also greatly expanded and grown his business, give him time, he will respond he's a very busy guy who builds a fantastic product.

I've seen it on the website. As somebody who has never owned a LED light it didn't make sense to me. Thanks for all your comments they were soo helpful :rolleyes:

Cafereef thank you for actually explaining it. Dave would respond but would replay with what was on the website. I figured since the light was controllable with bluefish everything was controllable and the channels were just to save settings but it all makes sense now

I've seen it on the website. As somebody who has never owned a LED light it didn't make sense to me. Thanks for all your comments they were soo helpful :rolleyes:

Cafereef thank you for actually explaining it. Dave would respond but would replay with what was on the website. I figured since the light was controllable with bluefish everything was controllable and the channels were just to save settings but it all makes sense now

np, Bluefish makes it extremely easy. Like I said, if your budget allows for it, I recommend the duo plus so you get as much control as possible. There is a cost difference truely as you will get a driver for each LED color/spectrum on the circuit board. (you wont see this as it is inside the housing, but that is the difference)

Back