Naso tang

Any feedback on this tang
Thinking of buying one
Also neon gobies are they effective on ich

125 gallon tank

Reef Central's recommended tank size for tangs can be found here. Neon gobies have no effect on ich which is below the skin. Also neon gobies are relatively short lived (one to two years).

Although they are considered to be an easier tang to keep, all I seem to be able to do is kill them. Tried two, lost them both, won't be a third.

I had one for 4 years, very personable, active, will eat from your hand, and in my case was peaceful to everyone in the tank, also mine grew big, very fast lol, I bought him small 3 inch or so, my ex got my tank and all my corals and fish, (which def sux) but she tells me he is still going strong and that would make him 9 years old lol. well, slightly off topic but , yes, very good, fun fish and hardy. def agree a 125 is to small tho, ive had tangs pretty much since one could buy them and in my opinion the bigger the tank the better. they love to swim constantly. well ive rambled enough lol hope ive helped a lil.

Since July I have had a naso in a 230 and he is a champ. Was around 3 inches as well and is about 5 to 6 now. Eats like a champ and loves the wideness of the tank. It is only a 6 foot tank, but I am in the process of upgrading to an 8 foot. 125 will definitely be too small even to start with, but to each is own I guess.

Back