NasoSA SPS reef

nasosa

Jumping on the South African bandwagon here... Welcome to my obsession:

Tank was up and running in January 2010 with many hard lessons along the way.

1200mm x 800 x 600 starphire all round with slimline overflow

Vortech Mp40w x 2, getting an Mp10w soon to help with a dead spot

Giesemann Infinity pendant with 2 x 250w BLV Ushio 20k bulbs, 2 x Giesemann Aquablue Plus, 1 x Giesemann pure actinic and 1 x Giesemann actinic plus

Skimz SM 202 skimmer

Reef Octopus CARX and kalk stirrer.

OR3500 return

Everything run through a Profilux 2ex.

The start
tanksml.jpg

Bringing the new beast home safely
skimmer-2.jpg

Latest FTS
FTSaprilsml.jpg

DSC03475sml.jpg

DSC03584sml.jpg

DSC03593sml.jpg

leftsidesml.jpg

Hope you like!

Great looking tank! Very nice

Thanks WinterSun

Very nice well done!

Shot kinlayan

just curious, why do you run the MP40's without a shroud?
and that tank looks amazing!!!!

also, do you have more sump pictures.

Thanks dahenley, seems to spread the flow a bit more. Although its not recommended, I haven't had an issue.

The sump ATM is crude and messy, in the coming weeks I may have a new sump built to cover most of the tanks footprint so I can include a small algae scrubber. I dont have a problem with nutrients but the scrubber seems to keep the DT glass cleaner for longer. Will definitely post pics then!

Amazing looking tank! Do you have any growth pictures you could post from January 2010 till now? I have a cube style tank too and love seeing how people aquascape theirs.

I also had to laugh that I'm not the only one who seatbelted their skimmer for the drive home...though for a moment I was slightly confused, I'm used to my steering wheel being on that side! Haha.

Not many growth pics as I lost a lot of SPS middle of last year in a kalkwasser incident. Had to cut off a lot a dead skeleton from the SPS that survived as well

This is a nice one though, turned into a real beaut!
greenmonti.jpg

greenmontisml.jpg

Yeah great skimmer but overkill on my 155 gal. Look at the 181, still overrated for a 120 gal I think.

Love the aquascaping.. What a nice set-up you have got.. Do you plan to put in more fish?

Back