Need a new pump for my skimmer.

JohnnyMantis

Premium Member
My Rio 2500 just went tits up, it was supplying water to a Coralife 125 Super Skimmer. Any recommendations for a replacement? I have not read any thing good about the Rios.

FWIW - I looked at a 1060 Eheim on Ebay an hour or so ago and nearly bid just to have something in that range as a backup. Might be worth a shot if it goes cheap.

Do those pumps you listed have the needle wheel impeller? How long did the pump last before it failed? I have a CSS125 and hope it doesn't fail soon.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6544807#post6544807 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drew22to375
mag7 or a quiet one 3000 would be the same. Or if you want a more reliable one a Eheim 1260.

Just picked up a 3000.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6546883#post6546883 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Inferno
Do those pumps you listed have the needle wheel impeller? How long did the pump last before it failed? I have a CSS125 and hope it doesn't fail soon.

Those are not needle wheel.

Inferno is correct, its oging to take a like type pump to work since the one that was on the skimmer wa a needle wheel.......I have 5 CSS skimmers fro the smaller 65 to their largest, but have not taken the pumps apart to any degree to see if the needle wheel could possibly be installed on another brand of pump......but its on my list of things to do some day.

Back