Need help buying equipment!

Zoeplankton

Im new to the saltwater tank hobby, and I just got the 40 gallon nuvo fusion innovation marine tank.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Innovat...-Innovative_Marine-0I10444-FIAQNCNTOF-vi.html

It comes with a pump and some filter socks.

I plan on getting:
1. 75 W Eheim Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater
2. Tunze USA 3155.000 Automatic Top off Osmolator for Aquariums
3. Tunze USA 9004.000 Doc Skimmer for Aquariums, 15 to 65-Gallon
4. Reliance Products Aqua-Pak 2.5 Gallon Rigid Water Container (to hold my fw for ATO)

I am confused what I should get for filter media for this tank. some have recommended getting the custom caddies that go with the tank and using the filter media in those. If I have the heater, ATO, and skimmer, I'm really not sure where these baskets are going to go. Also, I'm not sure how much water flow I should have. I would like to have a reef tank with soft corals and anything fast growing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Looks like you are a new user and posted some external links.. As such this site "jails" your post so we can't see it until a moderator approves it. That typically happens in 24 hours or less.. Then we will be able to see your post..

You may want to go larger on the heater depending on where you live.

Edit: looks like you're in Alabama, scratch that 75w should be fine. Not to familiar with the tank is it a 3 chamber? So the skimmer would go in chamber 2 maybe with the heater? You could run gfo or carbon in the media compartments if you need it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You should consider two smaller heaters so when one of the fails it doesn’s Cook your tank.
The ato,is,great, but that water container seems small to me. I use a 10gallon tank for top of, (120 gallon dt, 40 frag, and 40sump all tied together. I have to fill it 1.5 times a week. Not saying you use rate will be the same, but it probably will be higher then you expect.you will probably need a power head or two depending on what,coral,you choose.

Back