Need help on choosing an ro/di system?

400-460 TDS.... terrible.... Around 490 when it rains....

Plus the city of Corpus Christi was adding and replacing water lines at the time when I built this RO Unit. The work being done on the lines would occasionally make the water become brownish yellow. I had no idea this was happening, so that destroyed my old RO\DI unit. This is what I rebuilt after that whole mess.

I got 455 in glendale, az

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Might I add that Russ at BuckeyeFieldSupply.com is a very nice and patient guy to deal with. He taught me so much about RO units that I can honestly say, "I understand how every little part works", thanks to Russ. I can custom put one of these together with my eyes closed... lol

What is before your booster pump? Is that a 2 stage micron filter?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

10 and 5 micron filters... just to keep the booster pump clean.... they turn yellow about every 4-6 months.... cheaper to replace and the 1 micron filter only has to be changed out every 9-12 months

BTW: This unit also feeds and fills a pressurized 14 gallon tank (only holds about 10 gallons) under the kitchen sink for drinking water. That's how I was able to justify the $900 :eek: expense to the wife... :beer:

Brand doesn't matter at all... they are all the same. What matters are the microns filters thr carbon filters the membrane and the di resin. You can do one of two things...

Now guys....

Careful with this - after working with these systems for almost 20 years - YES - all the components in the systems do matter. The quality of the housings, fittings, valves, ASOV's, etc vary all over the board. We could sure spend a lot less on the components we use but cheaper components are sometimes just that - cheap junk.

That's one reason to go with a vendor you trust - they've probably tested samples from many many manufacturers over the years and selectively picked system components that provide the best value.

Russ

+1 for BRS. Used their 5 stage for over a year and had nothing but great equipment and service. I don't think you can go wrong with either one though.

i love my brs 5 stage plus, the storage tank for the drinking RO makes it convenient, and the tds meter goes two ways to let me know how the RO or the DI is doing...

for the record 4 and 0 respectively.. lol

BTW: This unit also feeds and fills a pressurized 14 gallon tank (only holds about 10 gallons) under the kitchen sink for drinking water. That's how I was able to justify the $900 :eek: expense to the wife... :beer:

FYI there is no need to have more than 1 sediment filter and 1 carbon block before the membrane. Some of the cheaper companies do include more than that to try impress you. I have my booster pump plumbed right before the membrane to maximize the pressure

For $900 you could have gotten Spectrapures UHE RO/DI
http://www.spectrapure.com/low_waste_systems.htm

I have the Spectrapure refurbed unit for $125. That is all I have needed and that is with TDS levels of 800ppm

Plus the city of Corpus Christi was adding and replacing water lines at the time when I built this RO Unit. That had been going on for over a month before I even noticed what they were doing to my water. The work being done on the lines would occasionally make the water become brownish yellow (which was probably rust and dirt). I had no idea this was happening, so that destroyed my old RO\DI unit. This is what I rebuilt after that whole mess.

FYI there is no need to have more than 1 sediment filter and 1 carbon block before the membrane. Some of the cheaper companies do include more than that to try impress you. I have my booster pump plumbed right before the membrane to maximize the pressure

For $900 you could have gotten Spectrapures UHE RO/DI
http://www.spectrapure.com/low_waste_systems.htm

I have the Spectrapure refurbed unit for $125. That is all I have needed and that is with TDS levels of 800ppm

Like I said earlier. The City of Corpus Christi was working on the Water Lines in my neighborhood during the build of "This" RO/DI unit. The "Sediment" and "Rust" going through the water lines destroyed my previous "Bargain RO\DI Unit" with this Brownish Rust in every compartment of the old set up. I couldn't even bleach it out of the plastic. I was so mad and wanted to do everything to prevent it from happening again.:frog:

The same $900 spent at buckeyefieldsupply.com would "NOT" have got me the same items across the board from Specrapure.com. The main thing being Russ' patience to teach me what every part does and why I might want to buy 1 item versus another. :thumbsup:

I over do just about everything I do anyway.:rollface:

This unit produces around 210 gallons per day.

Filters are as followed:

10 micron sediment
5 micron sediment
Booster Pump
GAC Chloramine Block (Ammonia Removal)
1 micron sediment
.5 Carbon Block Matrikx
Dual Specrapure 90 GPD Membranes
Dual DI Resin Chambers

Pretty simple... but not really... there's more to it than just the filters :)

One more important thing.... This unit was built over 4 years ago....

Plus the city of Corpus Christi was adding and replacing water lines at the time when I built this RO Unit. The work being done on the lines would occasionally make the water become brownish yellow. I had no idea this was happening, so that destroyed my old RO\DI unit. This is what I rebuilt after that whole mess.

Thats Hairline non-potable water!!!! Yikes:eek1:

I have a 5 stage typhoon. Is it the best who knows? But the coconut fiber filters that I use in sequence with the carbon keep my water at 0.

Back