Need Help w/ Hanging Lights

funloven

Premium Member
I having and Outer Orbit lighting system on my tank that is posing a few problems for me that I could use some help with.

They system practically covers my entire tank except for approx 2 1/2 inches along the back and is supported on these cheap little plastic legs that only raise the system about 2-3 inches from the top of my tank. This makes it near impossible to get into my tank for any reason i.e. cleaning, coral placement, feeding, etc. etc. This sucker also weighs a ton and 2 of the legs have already cracked. (why do I have the open space along the back of the tank instead of in front which would facilitate getting into the tank easier you may ask - I have the system placed towards the front of my tank because I don't beleave in wasting light in my overflows). Am I the only person with this problem?

I was thinking of suspending the system from the ceiling but this is what I don't know -- how high off my tank can I hang the light without losing their effectiveness (see my tank specs below)? Does anyone have any other ideas for me?

:(

Come on you reefers with 100 gal tanks or larger!

How do you handle the placement of you lighting so you can get into your tank? :(

Back