need help with anemone

I did read your advice and did a water change. The water seems fine now. I just don't know why the anenome looks smaller and a brownish white color. As far as feeding it I can't really stop it because there is a clarkii clownfish hosted to it and it feeds it every time I feed the fish. I realize now I should have waited to get one but its kinda to late now

The filter I have had a carbon bag in one of the stages of filtration . Its been running for a couple months now though. How often do they need changed?

The water is probably not fine if you were getting ammonia readings before. What kind of skimmer are you running? I would only feed every other day for a while as well. What lighting?

Not to offend you cbenn (I have a feeling its going to anyways) but you need to seriously do some research on the hobby if you dont know what some of these crucial and fundamental aspects of keeping a marine tank are like running carbon or having proper testing materials. You need to understand the requirements that need to be met for these animals to survive. Ammonia going from "not good" to "ok" simply isnt acceptable. Its like saying the air for your dog to breathe went from not good to ok and still wondering what is causing him to pant. obviously its the crappy air hes still breathing, ya its an improvement but the problem isnt solved. You need to slow down and do at least some research or the rest of your fish WILL die. And its bull when people try and blame pet store owners, sure they sold it to you but you also bought it without a clue as to how to care for it. Bottom line YOURE to blame. You also should probably appreciate people trying to help you instead of getting mad because someone tells you something you dont want to hear.

The filter I bought has a built in protein skimmer. Its called a Hawkeye rapids pro rp3. The light is a led 3300 watt 10,000k.

The filter I bought has a built in protein skimmer. Its called a Hawkeye rapids pro rp3. The light is a led 3300 watt 10,000k

I'm not getting mad about stuff I don't want to hear. If I'm doing something wrong then I want to know and I'm not gonna get offended. But there is no need for people to get sh*tty about it. And I never blamed the pet store for anything...I simply said the didn't say anything about needing to wait 6+ months to add an anemone

There is a reason I act like a jerk about it. It's because there is this whole thing where people want to preserve the reefs or some squat. I want to be able to buy certain animals when I want at a reasonable price. Here is a cause and effect example for you: 100000 people go out and buy animals that they haven't researched and put them in the glass box that's not biologically ready or not big enough etc etc. Then the animals die. Then hopefully they do research and learn and buy these animals again and hopefully they live. Now , more government mandates come down. Prices go up. Agencies try to make certain species illegal to possess. Anyway, so if I seemed like I was acting like a smart ### I was and hopefully you know the old saying. 1. Get a good skimmer 2. Put fresh carbon in a media bag or reactor 3. Ditch the freshwater filter 4. The light info tells no one here anything

Its that Hawkeye rapids pro I was talking about. Its a "hybrid" filter so its an enclosed sump. Its got a built in protein skimmer. I'm thinking of changing though and saw those eshopps sump filters and skimmers. Just wondering if they are any good

They are alright I would go with a reef octopus or an asm skimmer your live rock should be your filter its hard to tell what lights you have from your description I have been to the store and had them try to sell me a $350 strip of led garbage that is probably strong enough to grow a house plant I'm not saying that's what you have and I'm not saying LEDs are crap ....just some of them are useless and others are actually capable of growing coral and sustaining an anemone

Its called a beams work . Its got 54 1 watt led bulbs. That's about all I know on it besides the other info I already gave you. I know it an off brand cheap light, but a guy I know who has a tank said its worked good for him. And what's live rock??? Just kidding. I have a lot of really good live rock actually. Been in an established tank for 8-9 years.

So what do you think of the light? And what about the eshopps wet/dry filter? I'm thinking of switching to that

And can you put that reef octopus skimmer down in the sump? The asm one says "in sump" but are wicked expensive.

You can find an asm used at a reasonable price and reef octopus makes a variety of in sump skimmers the reefbreeders value fixture is 55 3 watt LEDs for $179 with a 2 year warranty I am not affiliated with them at all but I'm just saying for the money its a light that will grow just about anything or maybe look at buying an ATI t5 fixture you might find a used one I am running halides on my big tank that I'm selling that's always another option

Back