need help with game plan for my tank..

Acme Plastics ("The Plastics Place") has it - for 1/4" it's about $85 for a full sheet (4'x8') ... After 6 months to a year, i'll be covered ... you can also grow corals on it, and not loose them in the sandbed. I've seen plenty of peoples pictures, where brains (favia/maze etc.) & other LPS started to grow on it, and spread over it.

thanks for the links.. i have heard of starboard, and kinda liked the idea, i just always liked the way a sand bed looked.. with this tank i might really consider doing this.. i will look at the links more when i get home...

thanks again guys...

go with the black star board... thats what i looked at when i was tossing my ideas around... ooooh black so nice.

alright guys im here to show my weekly update.. it dosent look like alot got done, but trust me, it shure dosent feel like it... I am flippin shore from head to toe.. i started on friday by emptying my garage completly, and there was alot of junk in there.. then i bought a epoxy to paint the garage floors.. so i spent a good portion of saturday prepin the floor for the paint.. and then saturday night i painted it.. the thing is i bought a kit to do it, got almoast done, and then ran out of paint.. so i had to rush to home depot and buy another kit.. so i took the extra paint and painted the top of the stands.. im really happy with the way that it came out.. does any one know if you can put a clear coat on that stuff so that it's glossy.. saturday I also got the old door ripped out and put it in it's new location.. it wasent easy getting it out of there without destroying the casing, but we got it done.. and then today i spent all day outside powerwashing the driveway.. I am burnt like a lobster, it was flippin hot out there today.. and finally i got the sump up on it's stand..

here's some pics for all you pic lovers...
I whould love to hear everone's feedback..

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

here's the tanks in place.. i don't know yet if that's the skimmers final resting spot..
IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

let me know what you think..

jason

awesome tank!!!!
i love the dimensions
you could always get it professionally polished
i dont know what that would cost but there are shops localy that could help with the plastic
if not i know a guy in miami
manny from fmas

awesome tank!!!!
i love the dimensions
you could always get it professionally polished
i dont know what that would cost but there are shops localy that could help with the plastic
if not i know a guy in miami
manny from fmas

ya, i whould love to have it polished.. but it's in place now.. so unless i can get someone to come out to the house to polish it then i guess it's not ever gunna happen, im just to afraid to do it myself.. the only panel that i really care about is the front viewing panel..

i got the bifold door wall built today, and hinged up the bifolds.. tommorro i will finish all the drywall work, and by thursday i should be painting.. then friday i will start the tile.. if everything stays on track then hopefully this weekend i can start to plumb. where can i get bulkheads locally for a halfway decent price.. or where does everyone order them..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12222110#post12222110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CORALFISHG
ya, i whould love to have it polished.. but it's in place now.. so unless i can get someone to come out to the house to polish it then i guess it's not ever gunna happen, im just to afraid to do it myself.. the only panel that i really care about is the front viewing panel..

i got the bifold door wall built today, and hinged up the bifolds.. tommorro i will finish all the drywall work, and by thursday i should be painting.. then friday i will start the tile.. if everything stays on track then hopefully this weekend i can start to plumb. where can i get bulkheads locally for a halfway decent price.. or where does everyone order them..

Premium Aquatics has a good selection of Sch 80 bulkheads, fittings, valves, & unions* Prices are pretty reasonable.

Savco.com is another place that carries a good selection & are pretty cheap as well.

alright guys im about ready to place a order at savko.com but im having trouble figuring out which bulkheads i need to order.. i have to different hole sizes that i need to order for.. the first hole is exactly 2" and then the other one is 2 3/4".... im wanting to place my order so that possibly i can have everything this weekend to plumb

you could just order a size that is larger, and redrill the hole. I had to do that recently to some bins .... take a piece of wood, lay it below or above the hole untill you get the hole started .. then it will guide itself.

i don't exactly understand why i whould want to drill them larger.. that just cost me more money.. lol.. if you remember that sump that you hooked me up with has 11 holes that will be under water.. if it's a 2 inch hole then should i be ordering a 2" bulkhead or do i need to order one that is smaller then 2".. thanks again for you help guys..

jason

11 holes .... lol. thats a whole lot of bulkheads ... almost sounds easier getting a few scrap panes of glass from your local glass company & some silicone. silicone a pane over the holes.

hmmm.. that's a damn good idea.. i will be able to afford to go with the sch 80's then... lol... im only gunna need like 3 out of the 11 holes.. i think im gunna cover up two of the 3 on the bottom, and then keep 2 on each side.. the two extra's that im gunna keep open i will just cap up or just put a ball valve on them in case i ever want to use them later on..

thanks for the great idea..

Back