Need help with my open brain.

Kimberly63

I got my open brain about 3 weeks ago and I acclimated it in my tank because the first day I had it, it looked stressed and had some of it's skeleton poking through the flesh so I left my actinics on for about 5 days and then it looked a lot better plus I fed it every other day and it made a great comeback. So now it doesn't look very good (again). My parameters are all in check, Temp is normal, SG is 1.024, and it's intestines are coming out the sides of the skeleton! Like in little clusters and I'm not sure why it's doing that. I tried feeding it today and it ate the pellets, then spit them back out later along with it's intestines so I turned off the light and it re-ate and now it looks fine except for the intestine "clusters around it's base. What should I do?

brain1.jpg

brain2.jpg

:(

any other types of corals in the tank? could be a chemical problem between corals or stress from new lighting and or flow.

I have all sorts of coral but there is nothing close to the brain. I also have just 80w PC lighting. It was under pure actinics at the lfs and I'm sure just plain crappy lighting, but my lighting isn't much better :(. My flow isn't anything major either. Do they like a lot of flow?

No, they don't need a lot of flow. I'd suggest maybe a 70w MH fixture? The intensity gets to the bottom a lot better with MH than with PC.

Back