Need help with stocking

2015GaTor

I have a standard 125g 6' tank that will have live rock. I don't think I will have corals and if I did it would be way down the road. Please give me some advice and thoughts of my stocking list and order to put them in the tank. Also, how much time should I wait before putting in the next fish, assuming they can be qt'd perfectly.

Pink spotted watchmen goby
Mated pair true percula clown fish
Foxface
Hawaiian spotted puffer
Bi-color angelfish
Blue throat trigger male & female
Harlequin tusk
Yellow tang
Blue powder tang

Thanks!

Sounds pretty good, but I would add a wrasse or two.

I thought about a banana wrasse but wasn't sure. Why do you recommend I have one? Just wondered if you like them or if they provide some sort of benefit to the tank or community with their addition?

They don't really provide much to the overall community, some eat bristle worms though. They are really cool fish with a wide range of colors and sizes.

You may be pushing the envelope here with this list in that size tank. The Harlequin requires a min 180 gallon tank. Also 125 would be ok with a single Bluethroat, but with a pair I recommend at least a 180 also. 125 is right on the line for a Powder Blue. Some hobbyist say fine and some say (including me) at least a 180. Can become a very aggressive fish. Also be mindful of the Foxface, they can get big and there are experience s where they have become jerks as they mature and gotten bigger.

Back