Need quick help with Corky Sea Finger

tycham

Premium Member
Hi, We recently purchased a couple of Corky Sea Fingers from an online vendor. One appears to be bleaching a bit and and there is some "non-gorgonian" like tissue attached to it....kind of white fungusy blobby stuff. I'm wondering if it is OK to do a dip on these guys, or are there other suggestions? Should I just try to pull off the tissue...what about the bleaching. After acclimating it I could see that there was alot of stuff on it....these were pulled right out of the ocean per the seller, so the water was really murky and there was alot of misc. stuff. After aclimating, I pulled some water out of my tank into a tupperware container and put the sea finger in there and turkey bastered it to try and get all the stuff off. After the stuff that was willing to come off using the baster was off, i put it in my tank. That was day before yesterday. I didn't notice any bleaching until this AM...
I tried to call the vendor, but they are closed on Fridays. nice.
Because they are toxic when they are dying, I'm feeling that this is pretty urgent.
Thanks in advance

Ty, even though it seems you have been very thorough in explaining what has happened, is it possible for you to get a photo for us? If you can, try to at least get some flow going on it in a larger tupperware or small tank (using a powerhead).

not sure on what you are doing wrong, but I added mine about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be doing good!

347328444%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3255%3E95%3A%3E%3A64%3EWSNRCG%3D3233825%3A82%3A47nu0mrj

Fat Surgeon, sorry it took me so long to respond...I finally got a picture of the problem area. We've had it in pretty strong flow and i hasn't come out all the way, but does seem to be getting a little more prickly. The bleaching is progressing and the bristtly blob thing won't pull off easily. Would dipping it help?
19210DSC_0023.jpg

Thanks,

Back