Need some suggestions on catching shrimp

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
Looking to net my three big cleaners and fire shrimps so I can dose some interceptor. Any ideas that work without causing too much pain for a lazy old reefer?

good luck with that, I had to just about take all my rock out to catch mine. Them little buggers swim fast backwards < thats your hint.

sorry

He is too old and decrepit:lol: If I do get him down here we are going to mess with trim, or toilets, or something useful:D

Well, they can choose to go into a baited trap or die a good death, it is up to them;)

Two of your shrimp seem to hang under that certain rock. Put a net on one side and try to scare them back into it.

Dave you got the red bugs?

Where did you get the interceptor from? Good to know there is a knowledgeable vet around...

Catch them on sale @ the LFS. :lol:

Really other than a net and patience and fragging everthing in the process i have no suggestions. I couldnt catch mine, so in went the intercepter.:sad1:

I can try and help you catch them wednesday if you want.

good luck

Catching them will be more of a pain than not, but I am open for Wednesday night:)

MS has a trap that holds food in the back of the trap with very small holes in it. Fish can't get the food out, but a shrimp can. While I had it in my tank the shrimp went in to pull the food threw the small holes. At the time the shrimp was not what I wanted. But if I decide to go the interceptor route that's how I plan on catching them.

Back