Need your opinions on these led bars

nathan1986

I'm thinking about adding these led's to the gf's biocube29. Im led retarded but for the price I'm considering them. The tank is fully stocked with mainly lps corals. But id like to be able to add anything I'd like to the tank. They come with power supply and 2 dimmers, with option to add sunrise controler. Are these led's any good in your more experienced opinions? Thanks, nathan

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271267729771&alt=web

I'm running 2 right now, I would like 2 run 2 more. They are incredible for supplemental lighting. But I honestly don't know how theyd do as primary lights

The stock pc lighting isn't cutting it anymore and she is due for 2 new pc bulbs. For the price on the 4x 12" bars and everything to get them running I had to ask

what size pc bulbs are you using? I have some new 36" 96watt bulbs taking up space in my garage from a setup I bought last year.

I believe they are 16" but with all the corals in there I don't think the factory lighting is enough for all the corals

If your looking for all led for the hood why not just get a retro kit for the hood. Their are some awesome kits out their for the hood.

I'd personally go rimless or at least remove the hood and then the lighting options are pretty much endless and you can get exactly what your looking for or know what will work for sure. Removing the rim is actually pretty easy....but just my $0.2

rimless isnt an option. we have too many animals in out house for that. i was looking up steves led retro fit or rapid led retro fit but the reef bars setup is over $100 less. but i guess you get what you pay for

rimless isnt an option. we have too many animals in out house for that. i was looking up steves led retro fit or rapid led retro fit but the reef bars setup is over $100 less. but i guess you get what you pay for

Also look into nanobox they probably make hands down the retro kit. Your right on price and you do get what you pay for and you also will not be limited of corals and need to upgrade later.

Also look into nanobox they probably make hands down the retro kit. Your right on price and you do get what you pay for and you also will not be limited of corals and need to upgrade later.
I'll have to look their stuff up for sure. Thanks for the info kev

Nano box is out of the question lol too rich for my blood. Its a toss up between truelumen pro led kit (4 bars) and rapid led retrofit kit.

Back