New 120g Frag Tank

Surprise her ;P

After people start showing up is when you say, oh, we're hosting a meet today :D

"It is better to regret the things your have done than the things you haven't." - Anonymous (divorced)

"It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission." - Anonymous (divorced, too)

:lmao:

I finally filled my CO2 tanks yesterday and started using my new GEO calcium reactor (CR612X2). I could not find any specific information on the starting point bubble count or effluent flow rates. So, I started it at ~30 bubbles per minute and 80ml/minute.

I am using my Apex with an extra pH probe to control the solenoid. I have it set for a pH of 6.5-6.8 per the media's instructions.

I let this run over night and this morning the reactor's pH is 6.99. The tank's pH is 8.03 (which is a little low, but par for the course this time of day).

Should I increase the bubble count or reduce the flow rate?

Alternately, if anyone has instructions or a video for this reactor that would be much appreciated.

Reduce the drip rate into the tank. You want your water to circulate a bit more inside the reactor to achieve better ph inside the reactor. I started with 1 drip per second

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Reduce the drip rate into the tank. You want your water to circulate a bit more inside the reactor to achieve better ph inside the reactor. I started with 1 drip per second

Thanks bud! Wow, yeah I may have started a little high at 80ml/minute! I'll reduce the flow when I get home from work. Let it steep over night and see what it looks like tomorrow :)

I didn't have time to test alkalinity/calcium this morning, but I would guess that I need to continue to dose until the reactor is fully functional?

Thanks bud! Wow, yeah I may have started a little high at 80ml/minute! I'll reduce the flow when I get home from work. Let it steep over night and see what it looks like tomorrow :)

I didn't have time to test alkalinity/calcium this morning, but I would guess that I need to continue to dose until the reactor is fully functional?
You should just to make sure you aren't spiking. Once every other day for a week and if it's always the same you're right on track

You should just to make sure you aren't spiking. Once every other day for a week and if it's always the same you're right on track

Thanks! I dialed it back around 5pm and it took about an hour but is in the zone now. The alk and calcium are right on track. I'll continue to monitor them. Thanks for the help!

Not a problem! If you ever want hands on help I'm only an hour away and am available

Yea this thread has been to quite :)

Any updates???

I have had quite a few set backs with the calcium reactor, ich, dinos, etc. The tank is currently recovering, but still having some algae issues. All the fish died. Most of the corals died. I couldn't pull the corals since the tank has had ich and I don't want to cross-infect my other tanks. It was brutal watching the fish go, but then to have some issues with the calcium reactor and having to go through the process with the corals, it has been difficult.

I'm hoping I can turn it around and get it back on track. Once that happens I'll start updating the post to reflect some positive changes. Here's hoping for a better outcome.

Back