New bane of my existence in reefing

reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
So I finally got around to changing my RO filters…and an hour and a half later…and they’re finally changed. I swear the previous owner did not understand the concept of hand tighten.

So I finally got around to changing my RO filters…and an hour and a half later…and they’re finally changed. I swear the previous owner did not understand the concept of hand tighten.
Agree 100%. Those housings have needed a redesign for years.

Well when I replaced the RO membrane it had a date of 2019 so I think the old owner never changed the filters

Do you flush the carbon filter without the RO membrane when replacing the carbon?

I didn’t but didn’t know I had to. I flushed everything for 15 minutes. My pressure is still low so I may need a booster pump but I also need to change my DI. That’s the one part I didn’t get though it’s not completely color changed yet

I found the best way, for me right now is to take each canister off individually, drain them, reattach, hold system on the floor and use the canister wrench with as much force as possible. I’ll probably have to build something to attach the unit to so it goes a bit faster as that was my biggest hurdle was finding something to properly brace it for the force required.

I'm asking you if we are supposed to.
If I’m understanding the question correctly, I have a bypass valve between the micron/carbon filters and the membrane. When I replace the carbon/micron filters, I have always flushed them by opening that bypass to not clog the membrane with carbon dust.

Not sure if that’s proper, but somewhere over the years I came to believe that’s what you should do.🤷🏻‍♂️

If I’m understanding the question correctly, I have a bypass valve between the micron/carbon filters and the membrane. When I replace the carbon/micron filters, I have always flushed them by opening that bypass to not clog the membrane with carbon dust.

Not sure if that’s proper, but somewhere over the years I came to believe that’s what you should do.🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, George, that's what I was trying to figure out.

I have a bypass valve between the micron/carbon filters and the membrane.
Would this work?

Would this work?

Yep, need to get one of those. And see my post above😂

Back