New carpet anemone. In. Low salinity tank

GatorReefman

Just. Found. Out. My long standing. Refractometer was way off.
Thought it was reading. 1.025. When in reality. it was. 1.021
Anemone doesn't like. Bright light., Been floating. With mouth. Open
Had Him Under blue Lights Entire day. He looks a bit better. Now. The lights are. Off. He is. Shriveled. Up. I will attempt. To raise. Salinity slowly in next few weeks and hope he can pull Thru. He is my first carpet - looks to be Hadonni.
Been just. Regurgitating. Small. Pieces of fish. I tried to feed. Him a few days. Ago. Had him. Now for one week.
The

Attachments

• IMG_6389.jpg
    IMG_6389.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
What is the story with the rest of your parameters? Are those brown mats dynos?
Shield him from light, dont feed and place a rock strategically for the anemone to wedge its foot under.

Yes it Is Dino. Been struggling with them for a long time.
My nitrates and nitrites 0. Ph. 8-8.1. Alkalinity. Ok. No test for phosphates

Why. Do. You.type. Like. That.? Makes your post painfull to try to read. 1.021 really isn’t that bad and I doubt it will have much if any effect on the anemone. Make sure you have a deep enough sandbed and give it a few days to settle in. Looks to be decently healthy and if your tank is in good enough shape I’m sure it will do fine.

Thanks for everyones input. Now that he is puffed up- I thought there is a resemblance to gigantea? Having problems uploading latest picture.

Sorry everyone who tried to help. Found him in very bad shape this morning .
He lasted just 11 days . In past , I have saved a bleached white sebae and did ok with btas- they even split and survived.

Back