new clownfish

CindyK

Hi, I have a pair of clownfish in a 10 gal tank on their 9th day of TTM. One continually swims near the top, this morning he seemed to be gulping air a little for a split second (though I'm not sure I'd recognize that). Otherwise his breathing seems fine, he isn't flaring his gills or anything. They are both eating very well, good color, no sign of disease etc. I've done 2 doses of prazipro.

pH this morning was 8.0 and ammonia 0, I have been treating with Prime to be on the safe side. Both of my tanks seem to be persistently warm with the thermometers reading higher than the heaters are set for even though my house is cool (70). I'm not sure which is off but the water didn't feel overly warm (not scientific I know). Anyhow the thermometer read 82 deg.

I have 2 air stones going briskly in a 10 gal tank, it seems like oxygenation shouldn't be an issue but could I be wrong about that?

do they seem otherwise normal?

normal reactions, no visible blemishes, no flashing, not lethargic or otherwise showing cause for concern?

my clowns will occasionally gulp at the surface too. i never quite figured out why. they like to do it most during a water change, and i can actually hear it as a clearly audible "click-click-click" sound. the first couple times i couldn't figure out what the noise was coming from and it freaked me out a good bit.

do they seem otherwise normal?

normal reactions, no visible blemishes, no flashing, not lethargic or otherwise showing cause for concern?

I can't tell if the one I'm concerned about is lethargic or just slightly less active than his tank mate. Probably slightly less active.

I think he is just tired from getting his butt kicked...I think we are working out some dominance issues lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back