New Fish Help!!!

Tron_954

so i floated this guy for 30 minutes as i acclimated his pistol shrimp separately first, then i dripped this guy for 30 minutes following his float....

he is acting a bit strange, should i be concerned about his repeated laying against the intake slots?

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

As soon as I shut down all pumps, he jolted down to the bottom. He is now in the same area "suspected area" where the pistol went

Can't know for sure but he seems ok now

Usually it's a sign that the fish is unhealthy if it's not strong enough to pull itself away from a powerhead or especially an overflow. I'd keep an eye on it.

I had a yellow watchman that got sucked into the sump at least 5 times! He finally found a home under the rocks. Just watch him and make sure it's not in your sump for days.

he didnt make it one night... jumped THROUGH the 1/4" screen top i have and wife found him on tile over night... feel like such a noob...

don't be discouraged, try again and take precautions on the screen top.
for me nothing sucks more losing a fish this way. it happens to me 3 times.

I think everyone loses one to jumping at one time or another.

I had a Yasha that was perfectly fine for over a year in the tank & then jumped into the back chamber of the cube after a water change. I didn't see him so I opened up the top & there he was looking at me. I bent the net & fished him out, little brat popped right back over & I swear he was smiling at me when I opened up the top again. I made him spend the weekend there. :)

Back