new fish (the store)

has anybody been to new fish near division and milwaukee? i drove by the other day and had never heard of it before.

on a related note what is the best place for live rock locally? i only need about 4 pounds and getting such a small amount shipped is really expensive.

new fish (the store)

Lovely store, though limited stock. James, the owner is very friendly. They have some good qt processes. I would like to spend more money there to support them, but often end up purchasing at old town (who are also good people) due to a larger inventory.

I like New fish and stop in occasionally, maybe a few times a year.

Have purchased a number of freshwater fish and plants from them but, since I've been prepping to turn off my reef for the last year or so and have not been adding to that tank, I've not actually purchased any saltwater livestock. However, I do browse the coral and salt fish stock and, while maybe not bursting at the seams in quantity, they always look healthy and I've seen some very nice frags in there. If I were adding to my reef, I'd probably walk out with at least a fragment every time I stopped in.

I go there mainly for kalk and RO/DI supplies. If aforementioned James is the guy I've always dealt with, he's definitely friendly and knowledgable. He carries Spectrapure membranes and Ms. Wages, so he obviously knows what is good (spectrapure) and what is not necessary (He carries Ms. Wages, not overly expensive kalk additions). Would have been great if they were in business when I lived a few blocks from there and my reef was in full swing.

Anyway, nice shop and worth a stop if you're in that neck of the woods and have some extra time.

New Fish rocks!! Great team of people there and great SW and FW selection.

For 4lbs, either be more specific on the type youre looking for otherwise that's just a toss up of who would have 4lbs of decent rock at the time of your visit. For instance, if you wanted tonga, I'd say Advanced Aquatics or Reefwise. Just depends on what you need.

Great store, great people. I got some fish and frags over the years from them, never disappointed.

Back