New Gig

TigeBell

I got an early birthday present last Sunday (4/26/15) and all I can say is this anemone is loving life in my tank. The gig has not been treated with cipro by me nor the LFS. Started out in my tank with an open mouth the size of a dime. Today it's about 1/8 to 3/16 inches wide. I can't wait to see how big this gig gets once it really is settled it.

The gig is a tri-color and is every bit of 16+ inches. :D

Attachments

• 2015-04-29%2019.18.32.jpg
    2015-04-29%2019.18.32.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
  • download_20150429_192627.jpg
    download_20150429_192627.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
It is very nice indeed, I had the chance to get that guy when he came in. I passed because i have the blue one who is about the same size and i didnt want 1/5 of the tank covered by nems.

Glad it went to someone local!!!

Thanks Anthony. Jeff did say your gig is close to a oregon tort color. From the pictures you have shown, it was also stunning.

:inlove: It is sooo beautiful! If I didn't have a gig of my own I would be tempted to kidnap (nemnap?) yours

I love nems, but they don't love me...

Looked at mouth and we were totally shut. Feed mysis and we are back at 1/4 inch. seeing improvements daily and definietly on a great path. :D

After one week, the gig looks to be settled in now and the clowns found their fluffy pillow. I decided to move the rock to the location near the clowns and the nem decided to walk about 4 inches towards the rock structure. The clowns were trying to save the nest of eggs that the recently laid by fanning the gig with their tails. The male clown apparently realized what it was and dove in. He didn't care about the eggs. The female clown wasn't happy about his diving into the nem and she took another hour before it was ok for her to dive in. Now they both love their nem. It was totally worth the rock being moved.

At this point, the mouth is tight on thd gig and now it's off to coloring up since i did see that some zoo was lost. Definely worth it... thanks Jeff, you were right, this gig is going to color up really nicely.

Attachments

• 20150503_180957~2.jpg
    20150503_180957~2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
One month and the gig has moved but eventually found the center of the tank. The zoo is returning nicely and i have started to feed salmon. Extremely happy :bounce3:

Attachments

• 1432611750138-262875662.jpg
    1432611750138-262875662.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks D-Nak. :) You had the chance of getting this Gig too. I think you passed on it when you were talking to Your Reef's offsite holding site person.

Nice

Nice

would love to have anemones but with my fish, I dont want to feed it!...fish that is...........:fun2:

Thanks D-Nak. :) You had the chance of getting this Gig too. I think you passed on it when you were talking to Your Reef's offsite holding site person.

Yes -- I remember. I was looking for small gigs at the time. I like that is has multi-colors.

would love to have anemones but with my fish, I dont want to feed it!...fish that is...........:fun2:

None of my gigs -- I've had 6 -- ever ate a fish. They eat snails though. The only time my gigs deflate is when they eat snails. My larger gigs would ingest the shells and have a hard time expelling them.

Back