New Hydor pump

I got to play with these in October at a trade show. The flow is not quite as wide as what the Tunze Nano Streams feel like. If I remember correctly I think the models that were at the show had more of a "swirl" prop rather than a standard "blade" prop on them. Pricing on them will be pretty attractive, and they have the nice suction cup feature if the magnet would ever get pulled away from the outside.

oooh thank goodness for suction cups! my darn tank has 1" thick acrylic on all sides except the back, which has 1.25" thick acrylic.

when will PA get these in stock?

I think Jim has more info on that than I do at this time! :) The last I heard from our rep was late winter / early spring, but that was the first week of October.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8663135#post8663135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
I think Jim has more info on that than I do at this time! :) The last I heard from our rep was late winter / early spring, but that was the first week of October.

:lol:

I only know what they tell me :D:D

Cheers,

Jim

Those are very nice prices.

I will probably get a Tunze nano stream and then one of these when they come out to compare the two.

I'm sure both will perform admirably.

Peace,
John

I don't understand what kind of controller will adjust their speed and not turn them completely off if the motor is AC. Can someone explain this to me. Thanks
FB

Not sure exactly how it works but here is a blurb from a retailer. They only mention it working with certain models but the contoller looks like it just has two regular ac plug ins on the bottom...

For use with only Rio SEIO water pump models: 1100 - 1500 - 2600

Seio Electronic controller for Rio Seio Superflow pumps 1100 through 2600 models Automatic mode controls up to 2 pumps from 50% to 100% of output with a selectable 15 second to 30 minute time period. Two feed modes are available with either an 8 minute or 16 minute duration that shuts off both pumps. After the feed mode duration the pumps return to their pre set timer mode.

Ok I can answer most things TFO, as I've worked with them and actually just recieved a very nice shipment from them.

The shipment actually arrived 2 day earlier then I expected.

This product will hit all online suppliers at the same day so don't let "certain" people tell you they get them "first".

The projected shipment day is quoted by Hydor "Jan 2008". They do have pricing and TFO has been given the permission to "prefer order" which means they make a list of buyers for their distributor to send enough to cover for day one. Many call it "pre order".

Prices vary on size, TFO will quote you the prices on the various pumps if you click on the special order link and ask how much.

http://www.tropicalfishoutlet.com/DryGoodSpecies.asp?DryGoodSubCategoryID=544&DryGoodCategory=Pumps.

If you guys have any specific questions I'd be happy to get them answered for you by TFO.

I'm going to do the Oceans motions route for wave making, but was thinking of getting one of these to just have a good consistent dispersed supplemental flow. For a 4 foot 55 gal tank, which flow should I get? (I don't want too strong cuz I got LPS's to worry about)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8690300#post8690300 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquarist Guru

...The projected shipment day is quoted by Hydor "Jan 2008"...

Hold on there..., can you confirm that it's 2008? not a typo?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8692081#post8692081 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mdt178
Hold on there..., can you confirm that it's 2008? not a typo?

Thats incorrect information.

Release date is 1st Qtr 2007

will the tunze multicontroller be able to controll these pumps? can someone confirm that? or only the seio multicontroller?

Back