New Hydor pump

yeah that is what i told the guy when i was loking at them. hydor might not be placing their name on all the pumps though. this company is thinking of getting exlcusive rights to putting their label on hydor's pump. should make for some interesting pricing games

Tim

This one has variable output 550-4000 gph for about $100, comes with controller, dc transformer
Model: Waver-15000
Input Voltage: 110-120/220-240V 50/60Hz
Transformer Output Power: 38W

Wave Sort ------------------Pwr-----------------------Qmax------------------------Adj Time Range
Small Wave ----------------6.5W---------------------2000l/h 530gph--------------10-20s
Medium Wave--------------12.5W--------------------8000l/h 2116gph-------------5-15s
Large Wave-----------------25W --------------------15000l/h 3967gph------------2-10s

The Waver-15000 can produce 3 different Waves (ie., Small->medium->Large) automatically in turn to re-create natural wave. It unique control system allow users to adjust the time on different waves so that best condition for fishes/coral is produced.
Picture111.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Picture110.jpg
Picture116.jpg

Picture118.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8841323#post8841323 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cristhiam
come on!! where did you get it?!!! :)

Found one on Ebay
located in China though, but it has some pics
Also found it here at reefshops.com also in China.
Any here in the U.S. ?

Last edited:
Awsome for $117 bucks. Any videos of it running? I just e-mail the seller to see how much shipping is. Will they work in the US power wise?

I just got this response :(

Thank you for your attention.
The total cost = AU$150+AU$60=AU$210=USD$158
ps: The volt of the pump is 220v not 110v, it can not work in USA.
any question please let me know
best regards
david

if it is a DC 24v all we have to do is replace the transformer on it to a 110V AC in with 24v DC out with 1.3amp then it should work just fine :) ... but the pump still look pretty ugly and cheap though .....

I am going to wait for the hydor pump .... I think the Hydor is much better looking and is better built

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8840365#post8840365 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AfAqua
Not that big, it look about the same size as a 1500 Seio. Are they available yet?

1500's are HUGE

seriously, 1500's are gigantic.

i can't wait until hydor really comes out with these and we can put them next to the tunze nano streams to compare with =)

Since it doesn't use alot of current, you can use a step down transformer that you can get from any radio Shack. They are cheap for that wattage.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8842629#post8842629 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by northbay-reefer
if it is a DC 24v all we have to do is replace the transformer on it to a 110V AC in with 24v DC out with 1.3amp then it should work just fine :)
This one will work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8844431#post8844431 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dhnguyen
Kiss Tunze good bye :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/RESUN-WAVE-MAKE...ryZ46312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$150 for variable pump doing up to 4000 gph will put the Tunze Streams out of business :) and about time too IMO. I for one am glad to see more companies jumping on the propeller pump bandwagon.

What's your beef with Tunze anyways. Haha. I understand your love of the maxi mod, but honestely, Tunze was the first one to really mass market a really quality wide flow pump for reef aquaria. They are pricey, but almost everyone who owns one, really loves them. I honestly attribute them for kickstarting the whole wide flow pump arena and now it looks like there will be many great alternatives, but why wish one of the most innovative and quality companies in aquaria out of business.

I think they are a bit expensive, but certainly, peace of mind is worth something IMO. :) I actually got one of their little Tunze nanostreams and am quite happy with its construction, performance, as well as its aesthetics. Haha.

I'm waiting on the Koralia though, but this resun pump looks darn inexpensive for soooo much flow. Too bad, it would look horrendous in my 60 gallon cube... :)

Peace,
John

Back