New idea for cards and we need some feedback

I also think this is a great idea. They do need some sort of unique identifier, though. I don't think it would be best practices to have the entire setup be generic. I like the suggestion CloudIX made, though, with having stickers that have unique IDs on them (at least numbers other than the year).

Also, to purchase our own would be about $1,250 with a quick google search. That's for color. Ribbons are $50 for up to 200 cards. Cards are $50 for 500. This is all Zebra stuff. Just food for thought. It would be nice to be able to print these cards out with names on them.

Brandon

The card printer I'm using is called a Fargo Pro-L. It might be a bit cheaper then zebra. I also have a zebra printer for label's, but have not labels or transfer ribbon for it.

I figured that 200 cards to start with would be enough to get the club off to a nice start.

So could we purchase the color ribbons for your card printer? why not make it look as professionally as possible if its only $50 for 500...

unique identifying number on the back sticker is very doable..we may not use these numbers for some time..but in the future we may be glad to have done it.

So could we purchase the color ribbons for your card printer? why not make it look as professionally as possible if its only $50 for 500...

unique identifying number on the back sticker is very doable..we may not use these numbers for some time..but in the future we may be glad to have done it.

WE could the cost for the color ribbon is 80 bucks and it only does 250 cards. I'm doing this for free to save the club some money, so black and white is all i have for free.

Talking with people at the swap newing or renewing their memberships, they wanted a membership card.

I recall one of my first reef club meetings where the membership cards were used as name tags and then put into a fish bowl to draw out the raffle prize for that meeting. I won a handmade maxijet modified propeller powerhead - back before there were such things as vortex or korilla. So, you could make the first name on the card in large readable font and we could have the name badge holders with the little clips to hang them in reused during each meeting. Then people would have cards to flash at their LFS.

All sound like good ideas. I just need to know where to mail my check to for membership. Since I was out with the flu during frag swap.

Flu

Flu

All sound like good ideas. I just need to know where to mail my check to for membership. Since I was out with the flu during frag swap.

I feel like I'm getting it today, My Grandkids already have it and since Doctors don't work for free can you send your Dues money to me ? Please Thanks for your generosity. LOL Sorry your under the weather Mikey you were missed at the swap!
Bill:thumbsup:

I feel like I'm getting it today, My Grandkids already have it and since Doctors don't work for free can you send your Dues money to me ? Please Thanks for your generosity. LOL Sorry your under the weather Mikey you were missed at the swap!
Bill:thumbsup:

Thanks Bill!!! I have NEVER missed a single one the past 7 years and I got influenza b Thursday night, started with high fever on Friday Night throughout Saturday all day. When I was at the nurse's office Saturday I was running at 102.4 temp. I'm all better now after taking tamiflu....It's a shame I had to miss it, I really wanted to be there.....

Guys it seems like most people are on board for the new cards. Having said that we are working throughout the design and what not. There will not be names, barcodes, or anything like that on these. Part of the purpose of this is so we can get cards out fast and immedialty if people sign up at meetings or the swap. And renewals will just be a matter of sending out a new sticker for the back. I know that people would like to see barcodes and a bunch of other stuff on there but it's nit like I pul my card out and admire it and say how awesome it is. So I am going to start having these and as soon as I have them in hand will get them in the mail. In the meantime I am going tk go to the critter and explain what we are doing and provide him with a new membership list. This wil have to suffice for a week or so. Let's just everyone who has paid be patient and we van transition seamlessly to these.

Back