new Iphone

julioperez01

Premium Member
After convincing myself that i did not need the new iphone ( i have the original) i somehow found myself inline at 8:30am yesterday on Lincoln Rd. After several hours and various freinds saving my place in line throughout the day I walked out of the store at 2:45pm with a new phone (I really am to old for this)...I feel like a kid with a new toy!

Has anyone else gotten the new iphone? what do you think of it so far?

Re: new Iphone

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932103#post12932103 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by julioperez01
Has anyone else gotten the new iphone? what do you think of it so far?

I think it's crap that's marketed towards technophiles and gadget geeks and if it didn't have the apple logo on it then everyone would realize it was crap and nowhere near worth what they're asking for it

NERD!

But I definitely disagee with Jojoyojimbi..... I hate apple as much as the next person (yes, I was, and am trying to be again an apple employee), but a lot of their products, while expensive, are worth the money for what you get. Sure, the base laptops cost more than $900, and you can get a base PC for $300, but the base apple laptop has a TON more stuff to offer, hardware and software wise for what you're buying.... Want an ultraportable laptop based on mainstream hardware (I'm not talking EEPCs here)? The Macbook Air is the only thing under $2500 (they cost like $1800) for that size computer, but yes, it doesn't have a CD drive (don't make the arguement, because you know you don't need a CD drive all the time).

Ipods are expensive. Buy a used one or something. I've just been using my brother's old Ipod photo for the past few years, and it still plugs along, doing what I want it to do (it doesn't do video, but my cellphone does!)

As for the iphone, yes, it's shiny, yes it's technology, yes it's a phone too. That's about it. It does have some cool software, it does some nifty tricks, the biggest and best thing is the internet browser on it, which in itself is worth it's price. And now that it's 3g and GPS enabled, it's not a bad offering...

God why didn't they just go CDMA from the beginning :(
If iPhones were CDMA (which they never will be), I would have one since my parent's contract is with verizon (best service, unlike shissey ATT). Oh well, my newfangled blueberry makes me happy.

considering what i spent for the original i think the new price is great. I do think it is geard towards gadget geeks ( I am proud to be one) but aren't most of us in this hobby?

I am actually laughing at myself for standing in line for one, but i think it is well worth the money

New price is actually really good, old price... tad bit ridiculous, especially for a bunch of defective phones. All 10 people I know who had the original iphone, have had it replaced one or two times for something technically wrong with it. If I can get a unlocked one for T-Mobile, I would probably get it. I have the wing now and I think it might be worth the jump.

-Mike C.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932257#post12932257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jessp
So you don't have one but you have feedback on the phone and its uses?

yes, because i've known about a dozen people who were retarded enough to stand in line for the orignals, 4 of whom dropped them and had to purchase a second at ORGINAL PRICE becuase there's no insurance offered on them

so yeah, i fully believe they're crap that's designed to be slippery and dropped, and i wouldn't buy any piece of hardware that expensive in which you were locked into a company like the deathstar (AT&T)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932408#post12932408 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jojoyojimbi
yes, because i've known about a dozen people who were retarded enough to stand in line for the orignals, 4 of whom dropped them and had to purchase a second at ORGINAL PRICE becuase there's no insurance offered on them

so yeah, i fully believe they're crap that's designed to be slippery and dropped, and i wouldn't buy any piece of hardware that expensive in which you were locked into a company like the deathstar (AT&T)

You know that virtually every phone sold in the US is tied to a contract and a specific carrier right?

waste of money IMO, and i agree with Jojoyojimbi 100%. except being locked into a company, becuase phones can be unlocked and flashed for other companys. my mother in law has already broken i think 2 by minor drops and had to pay full price for a new one each time.

The iphone is awesome but at $69.99 for the cheapest plane without texting it is wayyyy out of my budget. Especially since my current phone only costs $19.99 a month with 200 text messages.

I am going to have to wait 2 years until everyone phone is like the iphone to get one. ;)

-Matthew

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932808#post12932808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chef Reef
my mother in law has already broken i think 2 by minor drops and had to pay full price for a new one each time.

I did have to replace my original once and so did a couple of my friends, but i simply went to the apple store explained the problem and they replaced it no questions asked same with my friends

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12933262#post12933262 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by julioperez01
I did have to replace my original once and so did a couple of my friends, but i simply went to the apple store explained the problem and they replaced it no questions asked same with my friends

I had people with problems with their phones. A few, not many compared to how many we sold. What did we do? We got them a new one. Maybe it took 2 days or so when we were out of stock, but we got them a new one. If you couldn't live without a phone for 2 days, we could provide a loaner.

we had people with genuine problems, and some shmucks that soaked their phone by accident. I'd say 100% of them got FREE replacements, for probably the first 4 months or so. No questions asked.

So yeah...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932408#post12932408 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jojoyojimbi

lol.
i think hate people that have them and thats why you hate the iphone.

seriously, id take what you have to say seriously being that you "fix computers", if you said something remotely reasonable. but not to get a phone because you may possible drop it???
or be locked into a contract? are you kidding? what magical phone do you have???

heres reasons why not to get the iphone.

1: no voice activation
2: no expandable flash slots.
3: i think the The HTC Touch Diamond might be a good alt.

Regardless, i think the release of the SDK free to the public is amazing.
The fact that anyone can program apps on such an interesting platform opens up what it can do for everyone.

Julio, Congratulations! I LMAO over your posting.
I think they are amazing piece of equipment and the fact that this model will allow you to connect to MS exchange & enterprise will make it a be very useful gadget in your line of work

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12932338#post12932338 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZURCSREEF
If I can get a unlocked one for T-Mobile, I would probably get it. I have the wing now and I think it might be worth the jump.

-Mike C.

Let me know when you are ready for the phone, I can get it unlocked for you. I recently acquired a new phone called the HTC Touch Cruise. I got it unlocked for T-Mobile and love it. What ever phone on the market you want, let me know. If it is made for GSM, I have a friend that can make it happen.

Julio, enjoy the phone, I was going to buy one for my wife today, but that would mean I would have to sign a new contract with ATT and I didn't want to switch. clockwurk, I was going to get the Diamond, but it doesn't have any expandable memory and I like the idea of being able to switch the memory cards at will. That is why I got the touch cruise instead. either way, both are amazing phones. The new touch-flo technology is great. Apple took that technology from HTC.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12935954#post12935954 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rogger Castells
Julio, Congratulations! I LMAO over your posting

Roger... Thanks I wonder what would happen if I posted that I got rid of my PC and switched over to a Mac Book Pro LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12937006#post12937006 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by julioperez01
Roger... Thanks I wonder what would happen if I posted that I got rid of my PC and switched over to a Mac Book Pro LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL I work at the Town Center mall in Boca and he line was non stop constant from opening till close..they even had security guards at the entrance of the Apple store (in case a riot broke out haha) I have Verizon..they have the new LG Dare that is also 3G and full touch screen, GPS, and a slot for micro SD memory card and u can get insurance..it has been compared to the iphone..i shall be getting one when i my 2 year upgrade is due in August :D the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have the speaker dock like the iphone

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12938136#post12938136 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by got2envy
LOL I work at the Town Center mall in Boca and he line was non stop constant from opening till close..they even had security guards at the entrance of the Apple store (in case a riot broke out haha) I have Verizon..they have the new LG Dare that is also 3G and full touch screen, GPS, and a slot for micro SD memory card and u can get insurance..it has been compared to the iphone..i shall be getting one when i my 2 year upgrade is due in August :D the only thing i don't like is that it doesn't have the speaker dock like the iphone

I worked at the Apple store for last year's release of the original iphone, in town center. Madness. I went by Friday and took a picture of the line leading into the lobby. I was supposed to be working there this summer again, but while I was in europe they filled my slot :(

You sure the Dare is 3G? To my knowledge, and the knowledge of all of their staff in every store I've ever been to, they do not carry GSM phones.... (3G is a GSM technology). To be fair CDMA is faster than 3G anyway. Verizon will be supporting 4G I've heard, when it comes out, since they bought most of the spectrum in the auction last year, but for the time being, I was only aware that they offered CDMA. I've spoken with the rep in town center, and he told me that if you've got a GSM phone, they can set it up to work on their network (I imagine they just have contracts with most of the major GSM carriers or something like that), you just have to be okay with them locking your phone to them, which I wouldn't be okay with. I don't even know if it's possible, but that's what the guy told me.

Back