New Lights!!!!!

cdangel0

OK My new T5s just came in and I have no one here to share my excitement with so I thought I'd bug you all with the news!!!

I got a 6x39w lamp - running 2 acitntics and 4 10K sunlight bulbs.

I can't believe the difference in color temp and penetration - my CC substrate is absolutely GLOWING white!! :eek1:

I bet I can keep absolutely anything now!!!

I'll post some pics as soon as my wife comes home with the camera.

Craig

:beer: :bounce1: :dance: :spin1: :celeb1:

Best of luck with your new lights. Enjoy them.

What brand lights did you get and what size? I am looking for T5 lights for a 75 gall.

Made by Catalina. I got the 36" version, and let me tell ya, the 6 bulb set-up is PLENTY.

It's not a Tek Light but it was a heck of a lot cheaper and I'm willing to bet just as good quality. I opted to get the one with the fans in it, they're a little louder then I would like, but compared to the noise from the skimmer and over-flow I really don't notice.

Sounds great Craig! I can almost hear the corals, from way over here, basking in the warm sun light and saying AAAHHHHH!!!!

OK - got some pics with the new light on.

As a comparison - here is the "before"

a042.jpg

Here is the "After" (with some re-aquascaping as well.

corals040.jpg

Full tank

corals050.jpg

nice upgrade... i love my T5's much better then my old MH's.... they are just as bright and you dont get any added heat as halides and the cost of running them is less... its a win win situation

I can't get over the difference.

The only problem I haven't figured out yet is when sitting on the sofa, if you look at the tank you're looking "up" directly at the bulbs and it's REALLY bright. I had to tape a piece of cardboard to the rim of the tank to shield it until I figure something else out.

WOW! looks great Craig. Nice natural color and all that washed out green from the glass cover is gone.

Hey, you got the tools. you could build a faux open top hood to sit on the tank about 9 inches high with a curved front panel to hide the light. something real light weight. just a bit of framing and a bent piece of luan or something to curve arond the front.

Nice upgrade. When I did that in my tank at home I had an algae bloom right after the upgrade, you might want to shorten the photo period so that that doesn't happen quite as bad to you.

Just a little heads up.

Chris

Power Compacts. I ran both a 2x96w and a 1x65w in the back for even coverage and minimal dark areas.

I wish I had listened to my gut and gotten the T5s a year ago.

Back