New Online Magazine

rayjay said:
I'm chomping at the bit to get on with it and read what everyone is talking about. However, when I click on the picture to enter the mag., I get some message saying it can't be found.

That should be fixed now, RayJay.

John L and the magazine crew,

Outstanding work!

Thank you guys.

Is there anything we can do to support this great effort?

Mary.

John:

How about answering those who request supporting the magazine...I caught at least a couple in there ;-)

Sanjay, you better get writing. We want your excellence!!

thanks everyone...and rest assured we will keep it up. I've got a "doozie" for next month.

Want to know what I'd like? I'd like to see sponsors for this magazine to the point where retailers and sponsors of the printed mags choose this and advanced aquarist as the premier sites and recognize that more people read them, visit their sites, buy from them, and support excellent content. Then, we can make these magazines ones available to you in a hard copy, and it can show up in your mailbox and you can flip through them again and again.

Good call Eric. :)

Oh, JohnL, one additional feature I'd like to see is for someone to make each issue downloadable in .pdf format. This was mentioned when we were discussing Advanced Aquarist over on reefs.org when it first came out. It'd be great to be able to download the entire magazine in Acrobat format so people could save a copy to their hard drive and also print it out. It would make printing each article out easier and it would be formatted properly so pictures wouldn't be cut in half, etc. Please keep this in mind for future issues. :)

Shane

Hey Shane. We have been considering that and will continue to do so in the future. At the present time we have not reached a decision on the .pdf format. Thanks for your suggestion.

mkirda said:

Um, due to the enormous number of security holes in IE, you are better off running Netscape. It isn't targetted like IE is...

Frankly, I find it extremely annoying when web designers forget this fact, and design for only IE. If you can't make a page that renders in more than one browser, you don't deserve to be coding HTML, period.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards.
Mike Kirda

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help. As of last night Netscape4 and above users should be fine.

Thanks again.

Doug

Y-Y-You mean aquarists magazines DONT have to be 70% ads for "Miracle-This", "Bio-That", and things that sparkle when ya open 'em?:celeb1:

EricHugo said:
How about answering those who request supporting the magazine...I caught at least a couple in there ;-)

OK, there is a PayPal donate button at the bottom of every page for those who are interested.<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="webmaster@reefcentral.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Reef Central Donation">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
<input type="image" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but04.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form>

Printer friendly or pdf format?

Printer friendly or pdf format?

Any updates on if/when a printer friendly or pdf format will be available?

Just curious - will Ron, Eric etc ... be contributing to the monthly mag, or will their columns be replaced?

Back