New Online Magazine

Great Job John, Ron, Eric & all! Thank you for the hard work and dedication... You continue to provide excellent resourses for the Reef Hobbiest!! :thumbsup: Again, THANK YOU!!
~lori

Excellent idea! Thank you for giving us your time and experience and sharing it to the world.

Very nice design of the webpage too.

kudos all around.

Looking good! A very nice magazine for the novice and intermediate hobbyist.

One small suggestion concerning aesthetics: alter the font or font sizes (at least 20% difference) for your headers, topics, and articles listing. Bold, underlines, italics, or font color will work too. For example, the "Features" is the same font and font size as the feature article listing - an industry no-no when it comes to publication layouts.

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Better than any paper magazine I've gotten my hands on in a while.

Please let me know if there is any way to send a financial donation to help support this endevor. It would be money much better spent than on any subscription.

JohnL said:
Figures it would happen to you, Mick ;)

Don't you think it's about time you upgrade that browser :lol2:

Um, due to the enormous number of security holes in IE, you are better off running Netscape. It isn't targetted like IE is...

Frankly, I find it extremely annoying when web designers forget this fact, and design for only IE. If you can't make a page that renders in more than one browser, you don't deserve to be coding HTML, period.

Just my humble opinion.

Regards.
Mike Kirda

http://reefkeeping.com/staging/stage/01/reefkeeping.css

This style sheet isn't found in Netscape 4.79.

Choosing: Edit, Preferences, Advances will allow you to uncheck 'Enable Style Sheets'.

This allows the page to render.

Looking at the code:
link rel="stylesheet" href="/staging/stage/01/reefkeeping.css" type="text/css"
link rel="stylesheet" href="/common/reefkeeping.css" type="text/css"

You can see two calls to the CSS file, the first of which kills Netscape. The webmaster should kill this offending line, and the page should render with CSS turned back on.

Regards.
Mike Kirda

It's Great!:) You can never have too much information! Especially in this wonderful hobby!

P.S. The Reef Central link doesn't work guys!

Good job guys! :) I'm glad to see that in addition to the various animals we house in our tanks that someone has also written a good plumbing article for the beginner aquarist. That's something I haven't seen before. :)

Shane

mkirda said:
You can see two calls to the CSS file, the first of which kills Netscape. The webmaster should kill this offending line, and the page should render with CSS turned back on.

Thanks Mike. We'll take care of it.

Thanks for the GREAT mag. I just read the whole thing. VERY COOL!!!

You should have the author forums go directly to their own forum (ex. Dr. Ron and Eric B. now have two forums to check) just a suggestion...

I got sucked right into an article!
I love it, more to read again!
you guys are great and what a great tank of the month and articles and photos...
ahhhhh
yes good stuff keep it up!

I'm chomping at the bit to get on with it and read what everyone is talking about. However, when I click on the picture to enter the mag., I get some message saying it can't be found. Thinking it was just too busy, I left it for a while but now it is still not working for me at least.

This Mag is a hit with me because among other things they features some of my most favorite fishes--dottybacks.
Good Job
John:D

:cool:

:cool:

great magazine, beter then the ones that come in the mail!!!!!!!!!!:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: :dance: :dance: :dance: :celeb2: :celeb3: :celeb2: :celeb3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :spin1: :spin3: :spin2: :wave: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3:

Back