New purple gig

This right as light came on. Is the poop getting more normal
61183D99-FE1F-40B8-BCCC-7AACC854FBC9-15958-00000546684923CF.jpg
[/IMG]

This right as light came on. Is the poop getting more normal
61183D99-FE1F-40B8-BCCC-7AACC854FBC9-15958-00000546684923CF.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks more normal to me... Whenever I see my purple poop it's stringier brown, but that certainly isn't the black rat poop that indicates infection.

Looks more normal to me... Whenever I see my purple poop it's stringier brown, but that certainly isn't the black rat poop that indicates infection.

That actually looks exactly like the rat poop of a sick gig.

Last edited:
It does looks worst rather than better as I follow this thread and did nto want to comment on this. I am sorry.
Can you posted exactly how you treat him? What in the treatment tank? How much medication and water change regiment? Circulation? Light?
I hope to learn what went wrong. Of course it always can be registrant bacterial but his is rare.
Your last Gig did not make it either. Did you clean the QT our and dry it? The best way to insure that pathogen does not linger from one treatment to another is to dry out the tank in between, of course clean it first. I don't think you need to use bleach or anything like that. Just dry it and any pathogen (almost all anyway) will died with the drying out.

I only want to see if there was any mistake I think you make so that we can all learn from it.

Did not make it sad

I just saw this. Sorry.

I agree with Minh that we need to learn more about the QT process. But, it could be that it was too far gone when you received it.

IMO, gigs die from the inside out, meaning that they look decent from the outside but actually dying.

We should keep a tally of success versus losses with this particular importer. It could very well be that something is going wrong on the export end.

No problem. It was doing good
I have a 10 gallon with ph and heater had heat to 83 ph flow just above the gig
Did 5 gallon water changes every day at night then added the 250 mg of cipro
I used a t5 hi output 54 watts over tank on for 12 hours
Tank was cleaned with super hot water scrubbed and let dry for 1 week
Not sure where i went wrong.
Please help so i can learn to
Want theses gigs ti live and not perish

Well at least i am doing it right i guess like d-nak said maybe it is a different type of bacteria
I think nemboy got his from the same batch

We should keep a tally of success versus losses with this particular importer. It could very well be that something is going wrong on the export end.

Im not sure where this importer is, but ive been 5 for 5 with this treatment (with the exception of cooking a blue gig that I later realized was cloned and doomed to die regardless)

Sorry to hear that the gig didn't make it. Really surprised given the fact that you were able to treat for a full 5 or 6 days with antibiotics. Was it treated with any antibiotics before you got it?

It did deflate quite a bit. He sent me a video 24 hours later and it looks 100% better. Hopefully it continues to pull through. I've been following the gig threads before and after Minh's protocol was shared and I've seen ones that look great die days later and ones that look really bad come back from the dead. I hope one day soon we will be able to look back and say "...remember when we used to consider gigs fragile?"

Back