New Tang Conundrum??

salt-rookie

In Memoriam
I have a 180...Just put 3 small Yellow Tangs in, I'm wanting to get a small Purple and Red Sea Sailfin. The BOOKS say NO! Many others are saying it works fine as long as they are fed well. I have a SPS only reef, but I maintained a great deal of open swimming space. Please share your experiences and thoughts?

Phil

I have a 220 and have a Orange Shoulder, Purple, Naso, Yellow, Red Sea Sailfin and my prized Black Tang. They have been together for over 2 yrs (Black about a month) and never had a problem. Just my experience. everybodys opionion will differ.

My local fish store had him. I absolutely love him to death. I though i might regret spending that kind of money on a fish. He was worth every penny. If you can get one, BY IT!! good luck with your tank and keep us updated

i have a 200gal tank with a Naso Tang, Vlamingii Tang, Sailfin, Purple Tang, Hippo Tang, Some sort of Misc. Tang and they do fine. the tang police will tell you no though its just a matter of trying it and keeping an eye on them. the only problem with your list is that they are all from the same family but it can be done.

Back