New Tank

m-six hundred

The Most Diabolical Hater
I've been searching for a new tank for awhile now. I've been wanting a 180 gallon six foot long reef tank. Everything I had come across in my opinion was either over priced, older than I wanted or the design of the stand/quality came into play. I had a feeling I would be dropping more then I was comfortable on one. I remembered a 125 All Glass Aquarium I came across in December. Dual overflow with AGA's nicer modern stand. At the time the seller wanted more then I wanted to spend. When I contacted him this time around he had given up on CL and was just holding onto the tank. He was more motivated to sell. I picked this up today for a smoking deal, probably a Fourth of what I would have paid for a nice 180 gallon.

20130324_155441.jpg

20130324_161032.jpg

I am not a big fan of the dual overflows but I can make it work. The skimmer that I purchased last month is going to be way to big so I will be selling that.

The build will not start for a little while. I need a 40 breeder for a sump, Lighting, live rock and sand. I already have two MP40w's and a Water Blaster 7000 for flow.

:beer:

Last edited:

bugs713

In-A-Gadda-Divita!
Nice tank Mark, I actually like the AGA dual overflow tanks.

Will your SRO not fit under the stand? You know they say a skimmer can never be too big, but you proved that wrong in the past....:)

m-six hundred

The Most Diabolical Hater
Nice tank Mark, I actually like the AGA dual overflow tanks.

Will your SRO not fit under the stand? You know they say a skimmer can never be too big, but you proved that wrong in the past....:)

It fits, it's just rated for 400 gallons :lmao:

Kalakuhan

Free Reef
Mark, nice score! The stand looks really nice too, especially the double door access in the front.

Looking forward to your build. What are you planning for lights?