New to reefing! Freshly setup AP24

Mitch529

Was just browsing around and noticed the TBRC! Just wanted to stop by and say hi, I live in St. Pete.

I don't know if its allowed to post links to other sites but here is a link to my log on nano-reef. There are no recent full tank shots, but I did just add my first 2 small frags on friday and finish a DIY HOB Fuge (still need to get some LS & LR for it) but the cheato is doing well!

Mitch,
welcome.gif

to the TAMPA BAY REEF CLUB ! ! !

Good luck with the nano!

looks like your ready for sps in there, I hooked up my friends Jasons tank (reeferssnob in nano tanks forum)with lots of sps, its so full its one of the baddest mini sps tank out there and there's a video to watch. where are you located.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10446485#post10446485 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lazaro torres
looks like your ready for sps in there, I hooked up my friends Jasons tank (reeferssnob in nano tanks forum)with lots of sps, its so full its one of the baddest mini sps tank out there and there's a video to watch. where are you located.

I'm in St. Pete, I am interested in SPS but I was under the impression it takes a pretty established tank and are not for beginners so I haven't really looked into them too much. But I have kept their requirements in mind while setting up my tank so that I can add them in the future.

looks like you are off to a good start,with the lighting you have you can keep anything from softies to clams.if you decide to go the sps route you could add some flow.what do you plan on putting in coral wise?

Thanks! Coral wise I plan on getting one of everything, lol not really but I enjoy bright florescent corals. I definitely will be adding a small clam in the future along with a small open brain and a hammer coral, those are on my list for sure. I am sure some ricordeas will make their way in along with zoas etc...

there are some corals sps thats good start to try for starters and its a good way to learn to keep your water in check. I might have a couple of donations to try.

barrows014.jpg

my 210 frag tank, thats silly.

barrows004.jpg

101_2493.jpg

102_1006.jpg

these frags are only from sps that runs into each other after growing out so much or they'll just burn each other and its only mainly from my 280 (over 300 frags of lots of things).

102_1004.jpg

280 gallon.the green chromis are huge in that 280.

Last edited:
:eek: Wow you have an amazing amount of coral, makes my tank look so much more like a glob or rocks lol, Very nice tank!

I have been testing my water a couple times a week since it started and so far everything is rock solid (except for the cycle of course) but I do weekly 20% water changes and everything has been doing great. My LR has really come to back to life with coraline algae, some great green/purple/whites, been using kalk in my ATO and my calc/alk/ph has been nice and stable.

Last edited:
Mitch, welcome...
Looks like you have done your homework, congrats on a nice start. Laz, you just make us all drool when you post those pics, not fair....lol I could kill for a piece of that monti in front of the lionfish in pic 3....lol Great stuff Mitch!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10448296#post10448296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by plyle02
Mitch, welcome...
Looks like you have done your homework, congrats on a nice start. Laz, you just make us all drool when you post those pics, not fair....lol I could kill for a piece of that monti in front of the lionfish in pic 3....lol Great stuff Mitch!

Thanks, and yeah I did a lot of homework... been wanting a reef tank for a while and finally took the plunge!

Laz thanks again for the frags they are doing good today, I picked up a Hydor Koralia #2 this morning. It is a bit bigger than I imagined after seeing it in pics but I think it works, I may have to move it around and figure out the best spot for it. I will get some pics of everything tomorrow.

<a </a> by lazaro torres
I might have a couple of donations to try.

my 210 frag tank, thats silly.

these frags are only from sps that runs into each other after growing out so much or they'll just burn each other and its only mainly from my 280 (over 300 frags of lots of things).

.....he's such a tease!!!!!

:bum:

Back