new to the hobby!

mrpong

I just purchased a fully up and running RR 40 breeder with all the equipment included. I think it also has some rock and livestock. I just wanted to drop all the locals a line and say hello. I just heard about RC today and have been researching my new hobby, and am stoked. I cant wait to pick it up this weekend and get started.

Welcome to COMAS! We are glad to have you feel free to ask anything when setting up your new tank!

Welcome to RC and the COMAS forum! There are lots of great people here with a vast amount of knowledge who are willing to help when you're ready. Again, welcome!

Welcome!
You've found a wonderful outlet with people who are experienced in nearly every type of saltwater area.
Let us know what type tank you think you are leaning towards...a fish only, a reef, a specialty, etc, and I bet we've got someone who's been there, done that, to help you along your way.

Welcome, Don't hesitate to ask questions when you are setting it up! Just because its running doesnt mean you wont change something! lol this hobby changes daily and we all do it a little different. Once you have your tank let us all know what all came with it and if you have any questions. Great group of people local here and there is plenty of support to help you along the way. Even the "experienced" group ask each other questions as we progress in the hobby and try new ideas that help us keep even the hardest of creatures. Good luck and keep us posted!

Chris

Welcome to the addiction! You will not be disappointed.

As for the people and club.....some of the most helpful and friendly people I have ever met.

Thanks so much for the very warm welcome everyone! I will be picking up the tank probably this saturday or sunday and will post pictures asap, I am looking forward to having an entire ecosystem in my house! :]

Boy. You just set yourself up for a $$ hobby. Lol. Na. If you want some corals. I sale frags for $10-$25. And if you want big colonies ask pwhitby. He always has a nice selection!

Congrats on getting into this. You'll soon realize your 40 is about 200 too small. Get ready to open you wallet, it's an addiction.

mrpong welcome to the addiction. Hi, my name is steve, it's been 12 hours since my last reef purchase :) This is a wonderful hobby and great people in it!!!

Hi, i posted more pics of my tank to that link above, it looks better after it has cleared up.. I also have a sump underneath with a skimmer and a refugium, and there are 2 powerheads in the tank atm, any suggestions or tips would be great, thanks

Pong :)

Back