NMFS solicits public comment on NOAA protective regulations for listed coral species

ganjero

saiperchémibatteilcorazon
Reposting this from my local forum

"Hobbyists have an opportunity to weigh in on the new regulations regarding protected coral species. The link to submit comments is in the article along with a lot of great info. Deadline is March 16th so take a second and let your voice be heard!!"

"Public Comment Solicited

Specifically, NMFS is requesting public comment and information from other agencies that will assist them in better understanding and analyzing impacts of various activities related to the listed species. NMFS is also looking to better understand the "œexistence and
efficacy of ongoing conservation activities" related to the corals in question. In addition to public comment regarding prohibitions, NMFS is requesting comment concerning "œspecific activities that should be excepted from any prohibitions that may be applied because they either provide a conservation benefit or do not detract from the conservation of these species." They are also interested in learning about the economic costs and benefits likely to result from any protective regulations and prohibitions resulting from 4(d) rulemaking.

Those wishing to submit public comment have until 16 March 2015."

Click on Comment Now! on the top right...
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=NOAA_FRDOC_0001-3274

I commented. Everybody who wants to continue to keep many of the most common acropora species should as well!!

+1000 I wrote my thoughts. I totally agree with protecting coral, but I also feel that we need to be able to sell and trade captive specimens which are already in the country (at the very least).

Back