Nook's Reef!!

I don't know what is going to be more impressive... the tank or the bar.

Nice work Dave and Greg!

I was thinking the same thing with the phone.people always do call when you have your hands in the tank or on that day when you decide to do your tank maintenance.You have it right on hand.Very nice setup.I don't think I could have waited 4 years I don't have that much patience.I was looking and I said is that 2 tanks or is it the pic then I realized no its 2 tanks.

*drool* Looks like quite the Epicurean den you've got there! I'm almost at a loss of words; everything about your basement is truly amazing! Including the Frank Zappa poster. ;)

I was scanning the bar shelves for a bottle of Absinthe and didn't see one. Is that hiding in the bottom cupboards for private engagements only? :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10925237#post10925237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
2963DSCN1995-med.JPG

[/B]

Best looking "frag tank" on RC! :)

Wow Dave,

Two tanks!!! This is going to be awesome. Keep your mouth off of the bottles and you might be able to finish this!

Good luck.

this is freaking sweet! two big tank in a very nice basement :D You planned everything out very well!

Thanks for the nice comments!

I have been working on the basement and tank room for a few years now on a limited budget. I am really getting close to finishing up and getting saltwater in these babies. I have a few friends coming over in a week or two to help me plumb them.

The cube is 60x60x30, 3/4" float glass with a center overflow. The long tank is 96x30x30 3/4" float glass with a center overflow. I had the tanks built by Mitch at Bow Valley Aquarium. He took longer than he said he would, but the finished tanks are impressive in both structure and details.

I plan on running 4 400w Ushio 10Ks with 4 110w VHO over the cube and 4 175w Ushio 10Ks with 4 110w VHO over the long tank.

Stonies in cube and softies in long tank...going to try to plumb both sumps together end-to-end with three 2" bulkheads...I am hoping the water will flow through these OK, but am not sure?

The main pump is a Sequence 4300gph which will put about 3-4X/hr tank turnover through the sumps.

I have a large assortment of Tunze stuff, lighting, etc...just need to get liverock.

What type of bracing is on the 60 by 60 by 30 tank?

That is one heck of a basement!!!! Let us know how many bottles are consumed by the time the tank is finished.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10932804#post10932804 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Outerbank
What type of bracing is on the 60 by 60 by 30 tank?

That is one heck of a basement!!!! Let us know how many bottles are consumed by the time the tank is finished.

Both tanks have 4" Eurobracing...no center bracing.

I am working my way on a couple bottles of Scotch already:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10932824#post10932824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishTruck
wow! Awesome! How are you going to cool and vent this awesome rig?

There is a new Mitsubishi 12,000 BTU split AC unit in the fishroom for the 8-9 months of the year it is needed. The rest of the year I will be using a Panasonic exhaust fan on a Greenair Humidistat...I am going to have a fresh air intake in the room as well.

I can't find a small batch or single barrel bourbon anywhere. What a waste of a good basement. Then again, I suppose we could rub scotch on our nervous tick. What are those glass boxes in the pictures?

that is the coolest tank set up, really nice work dave and greg! and nice freakin bar!!!! you have any pics of the lighting system and or sumps?

I think I have the same bottles of Vodka on my shelf...and two bottles of jack too. :confused:

Odd...very odd.

I'll be updating my bar starting next month...time to pull her out of the 60's :D

bar.JPG

Can't wait to see the tanks go up...looks like one wild setup. I can only assume with all the piping they will be tied in together?

Back