October 18th*** Meeting - Richard Ross and the Steinhart Aquarium

Saltwaternooby

SPS junkie
Thanks to all for making the Frag Swap a huge hit, but back to our regular scheduled program!!

OCT Event Page
Richard Ross from the Steinhart Aquarium will be the speaker for this month’s MARS meeting

Note: The meeting has been moved to Saturday Night to accommodate his schedule

Richard_Ross-300x161.jpg

Richard Ross, the 2014 MASNA Aquarist of the Year, is a Senior Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium in the California Academy of Sciences where he cultures and cares for exotic cephalopods, fish & coral, participates in ongoing field work on coral spawning, animal collection & transport, and manages tropical saltwater displays including the 212,000 Philippine Coral Reef exhibit. He is a prolific writer and dynamic speaker, authoring academic papers and a catalogue of articles on aquarium and reef related educational topics including his Skeptical Reefkeeping series which focuses on critical thinking, responsibility and ethics of aquarium keeping. His work has been covered by mainstream media outlets including Scientific American, National Geographic, Penn’s Sunday School and Fox News.

Neat video from his home system:eek1:
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/104619466" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anthony
MARS Vp

As always

The MARS monthly meetings are held on the third Friday of each month from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. The meetings are held at the Roundtable Pizza in the shopping center at the intersection of Greenback and Madison in Folsom. The Roundtable Pizza is on the Madison side...

9500-1 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA 95630
(916) 989-1133

Non-members are always invited to attend.

Looking forward to seeing you guys/gals there.

Don't forget you member cards for the raffle!!

Already looking forward to it. Going to be a bit late I think my flight gets in at 700 but I will drive straight there pizza after two weeks in Guatemala sounds like a good idea.

Time change to 6pm on Saturday, just realized I put friday on the description. Saturday the 18th at 6pm

He will be speaking on

Phosphate – that word you keep using, I do not think it means what what you think it means.

Seems to be a fitting topic right now!!!

Back