October Meeting

Thanks Robert. And for the "peaceful transition of power", which may be lacking in this year's election. ;)

Nice meeting you too Mike. Thanks for your raffle contributions. I took home one or two of those and this morning they've got their feeders out looking for grub. :dance:

A big thank you to Grant and Sue for opening their beautiful home to us. Good job with the wings too Grant.

And of course thanks to all the members, new and old, who showed up and made the meeting the success it was. Let's keep up the positive momentum!

Great meeting. Good turnout. Good frags. And good people. Glad to see we're back on track. Are we going to have a holiday meeting or push it off to January?

Thanks to Ken for holding my frags from the raffle, thanks to the club for being there and I'm glad we're getting back in track. Hopefully next meeting I can make it.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Mike,

What depth is your tank? I like the shallower tanks easier to reach the bottom. I have a Rimless Lemar that is 48"x 20" deep x 30" wide. It's easier to reach the bottom.

I'm not sure that it's rules per say, more the attitude regarding taking and not returning the generosity of the club and other members. Also having a meeting with discussion etc, not just food and handing out corals. More like it used to be. More to follow.

One example of this is we had a premium group of corals in the raffle. People were only allowed one of these star marked items. This group included some of the club purchased corals and a few high end items donated by members.

Grant hit the highlights in terms of new rules / changes.

20 or 30 minutes after the meeting is supposed to start, we would like to have a "club business" session where we discuss any new announcements or items that are relevant, for example upcoming swaps by other clubs, sales going on by local vendors, etc.

I would like to get some guest speakers going at least occasionally and they would fit in nicely at that point. If anyone has some industry contacts we could harvest, please let either Grant or myself know.

Following the club business, before we descend into food and frags, we should do a "help me with my issue" session, where any member who is having a problem can bring it up and get some ideas as to how to handle it. Between us we have a lot of knowledge and experience, and what may be "a head scratcher" to one person is an easy fix to another.

And if no one has any issues (right! ;) ), we can discuss a reef related topic, such as lighting, or dosing, or balling, or species compatibility, or controller function, or fragging, or coral placement or ...

With these updates to our previous format, it is our hope to encourage the sharing of knowledge between members and raffle wise to spread out the more premium frags between members so that one lucky person doesn't walk off with all the tasty items. I don't know anywhere else where a $5 raffle ticket can result in some of the frags we have been able to acquire for the club. It's a good thing that deserves to be spread around.

Does anyone have a contact of an LED maker. We were talking LED's at last meeting and maybe that would be a good speaker to have

I think that's a great idea of having an actual meeting and not just a potluck. I have been in this hobby but not too long so I'm sure there are a few things that I would have questions on, for example, how to do a muriatic acid wash the right way so I don't have issues in the future.

The ocean revive fella is local, at least Bay Area, as well

The reef angel maker, Roberto, is a local guy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishbit is local and looking to make a name for themselves. Maybe they would even donate a controller for the club to test out.

I took a look at Fishbit and Reef Angels Sites. Their controllers seem very reasonably priced. maybe because they work off an app. I agree if they or an LED producer were to come to a meeting it would be great.

Back