Off topic/ nothing important thread.

Went back to that taco truck of Shasta & Esplanade for lunch. Whew. So good. :D That's like enough of a meal to keep you full for more than a meal. I think I'll only have a snack for dinner. Ughh Not bad for $5.

Who's asking for a reef related christmas gift? Or planning those gift cards to be spent at your LFS?

No taco truck today...

I'm asking for a skimmer for christmas :D

I doubt I'll get one but you never know... Probably a gift card as anyone that would buy me one would be too clueless to know which to buy and would be too worried about messing up.

No taco truck for me either today... Went to the chico meat locker though! They have the best tri-tip sandwiches on fridays.... I can't reccomend it more!

Shhh... If I recall you have to phone in your request for a Friday tri-tip sandwich early cause they always sell out. One of the best kept secrets in Chico. Oh well. ;)

HA! No I actually never order over the phone for it. I get there right around noon before the mechanics get there with their phone orders and luckily they still have it. I've seen them fulfill orders through 1:00 before so I'm guessing they must just be making more..... I'm sad when I miss tri-tip Friday :D

Yeah... I recall going there just before noon sometime late last year and getting one. Very surprised I did but it was GOOD! :D

I don't know how you can stop after starting... Man I get the urge starting on wednesday. If I was on death row and had one last meal that would probably be it.

I work at the north end of Chico and rarely make it south of the university unless specifically needed so I suppose you could say... I've weened it out of my system. May try it this friday however. Maybe we can have an impropmtu meeting there? :D

Haha well I go every friday from 12 til about 12:45ish as my girlfriend has her lunch break then so if you happened to come by then that would be cool to meet you. All the mechanics come around 12:15 so be prepared to wait for about 20 minutes to get the food but they're relatively quick.

Man that's too bad... so good!

Well to transfer over to a more holiday friendly topic.....
Does anyone cut down their own Christmas tree?
If not do you get a pre-cut tree or do you have a fake one?

Not this week for me either - ended up working out in the field and through lunch. May try next week.

As far as Christmas tree's - we did the opposite. We bought a live tree and after Christmas we're going to the forest to plant it.

Wow, thats a pretty cool new concept! I always wanted to do that but for some reason the family never went along with it. Definitely better for the environment!

That's a good thing to teach the family

Well I'm definately not as good for the environment as I cut down my tree today. I do however always have the boyscouts take the tree for use in creating fish habitats in Lake Oroville... It makes me feel a little bit better about having a christmas tree... Although it's a catch 22.

I do think the potted or live tree and planting it is a great idea though!

i paid some greedy bastard 45$ for a tree im going to throw into the dumpster in a month. :D
next year, i'll have the jeep lifted so i'll be able to go way back into prime tree area and chop down my own tree.:eek1:

Yeah, we're not all that 'green' because our other alternative was to go in separate vehicles with friends and family up Hwy 162 to Plumas NF and cut ours down for a $10 permit fee.

Nonetheless, although at times I may preach but I really prefer simply to just live the lifestyle that I believe needs to be lived... if it rubs of on others, so be it. :D

Back