Official: Masterflex Calcium Reactor Setup Thread

Yeah, I would like to to know a way to turn off the display also.
I put a piece of black tape over it for the time being.

Anybody with a large mixed reef tank run under 100rpm? I'm setting up a 300g and and looking at a unit that can do .1-100rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Can you repost the link? I don't see I. What tubing are you using on your rig and how many ml are you getting per rpm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anyone running 100rpm. The motor is the same in both versions but the gearing is different. At equal rpms a 1to100 rpm drive is spinning the motor 6x faster than a 6 to 600

Where does the Masterflex go? ...On the feed line to the reactor or on the effluent line leaving the reactor? If on the feed, as I suspect, does the effluent flow wide open or are people using needle valves? I read through over 50 pages of this thread and I can't find an answer.

Thanks

Either will do and I have mine set to feed. The beauty of using a pump like the cole is to eliminate the needle valve so it's wide open to avoid any clogs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Mine feeds the reactor. The masterflex replaces the needle valve and provides superior accuracy.

You might searc the thread for pull to see discussions about leaving the pump side. The methods are generally referred to in this thread as push and pull and it has been brought up a number of times.

After months of searching and the help of this thread, I finally scored a Masterflex 07575-30 with a 7518-60 head. Thank you!
IMG_0266.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Your pic isn't showing though, repost pics of the setup!!

Also... This post is #2100 and almost 200k views! :eek1: :reading: :bdaysmile:

Last edited:
Awesome! Your pic isn't showing though, repost pics of the setup!!

Question
Re Continuous water change
How about a smaller fixed low rpm masterflex pump with 2 adjustable easy load heads ? Continuous
I was thinking 2 RPM with LS17= 5.6 ml per min... about 2 gallons per day and 60 gallons per month

Back