Official: Masterflex Calcium Reactor Setup Thread

So I am currently using about 8 foot of ls17 tubing to run to my sump from my masterflex. I am wondering what adapters and hard tubing you guys are using to get your effluent to your sump etc? My tubing is about worn out in the masteflex head so I want to redo my setup with cheaper tubing instead of buying another 8 foot piece of pharmed tubing.

My effluent constantly gets clogged after a few weeks. I'm thinking of trying one of these out.
Cole Parmer MasterFlex 7524-00 Digital Microprocessor Pump Drive w/ 7518-12 Head Is this a usable pump?

Corey

Last edited:
My effluent constantly gets clogged after a few weeks. I'm thinking of trying one of these out.
Cole Parmer MasterFlex 7524-00 Digital Microprocessor Pump Drive w/ 7518-12 Head Is this a usable pump?

Corey

Edit. That is an older model but should work OK.

Any help plz

I don't think they have the comparable tubing but I could be mistaken. Maybe somebody else will chime in. It's also dependent on what model head you have as to whether or not it would support the Pharmed type tubing vs silicone.

So I am currently using about 8 foot of ls17 tubing to run to my sump from my masterflex. I am wondering what adapters and hard tubing you guys are using to get your effluent to your sump etc? My tubing is about worn out in the masteflex head so I want to redo my setup with cheaper tubing instead of buying another 8 foot piece of pharmed tubing.

I bought 10 feet of LS17 tubing and use it in 6-7 inch lengths. Set your system up using the items in post 3.

Like hkgar above, I too bought about 10' of the LS17 type tubing and use it in 10" lengths. I have mine adapted to 1/4" RODI tubing using the parts listed in the 3rd post on page 1 of this thread. I switch out my LS17 tubing every 6 or so months.

There are others using that same model in this thread. hkgar had one that he was selling at one point. I should work OK. It's not brushless as far as I am aware so it will likely be somewhat noisy. Also not sure how the flow control works on that model whether it's based on RPM or whether you can set the flow via ml/min. Finding a manual for it might be tough too.

There are others using that same model in this thread. hkgar had one that he was selling at one point. I should work OK. It's not brushless as far as I am aware so it will likely be somewhat noisy. Also not sure how the flow control works on that model whether it's based on RPM or whether you can set the flow via ml/min. Finding a manual for it might be tough too.

And I still do have one from sale but I don;t have a head.

I would verify, at the Coleparmer.com site that that pump will use LS17 tubing. I don't know.

You have a good point. That head does not support LS17 tubing. The 7518-00 and 7518-10 does but not the 7518-12.

plz help

plz help

here is the head

LvXtfuo

which one hose works in this head?
thank you

here is the head

LvXtfuo.jpg

which one hose works in this head?
thank you

See my comment above. It says right on the head, LS15 and LS24 tubing.
You can also look that head model up on the cole parmer website where it also says, LS15 and LS24 tubing. I am not aware of aftermarket LS15 or LS24 tubing as I mentioned in a previous post. That is not the ideal head for calcium reactors. Heads that support LS17 tubing such as the 7518-00 or 7518-10 are best suited due to tubing being readily available at reasonable prices.

Anyhow, here is the head on the Cole Parmer website.
https://www.coleparmer.com/i/master...ance-tubing-psf-ss/0751812?searchterm=7518-12

Here is another good deal on LS24 tubing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pump-Tubin...m=163094448357&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Last edited:
Back