Okay, I’m Getting Tired of Dripping Kalk

Oh, wait, using the 20 Brute for kalk ATO won’t work. I use that water of water changes too. Hmmm, might need to set up a 5 gallon bucket for the ATO.
That's why i have 3 containers. One for fresh RODI to be used for the New Salt mix for water changes and the slimjim for ATO/kalk. I used to have a 4th dedicated for just kalk. But have less room now in the new space.

Last edited:
I could go with the rodi to be used for just ATO and slim Jim for kalk only. But I like having a full container of rodi handy at all times. For just in case moments. I'll have to think about it.

I could go with the rodi to be used for just ATO and slim Jim for kalk only. But I like having a full container of rodi handy at all times. For just in case moments. I'll have to think about it.
Yeah, I like having a full container of RODI at the ready for emergencies.

Okay, Mrs griss got me a Jebao DP-4 for Christmas. Looks like I’ll be using that to dose Alk, Ca, Mg and Kalk.

Now to figure out how to interpret these instructions. @kharmaguru You have one of these, right? Any tips would be appreciated.
I don't recall it being too weird. Just ask if anything is baffling. :unsure:

Think I’m going to order one of these.

Sexy.

I’m following BRS’ instructions to find my daily use of Alk, Ca and Mg. Need to adjust Alk and Mg a bit and working on that tonight. Once at my target readings, I’ll give it the 5 days and retest. Then, set up the dosing pump.

At my target readings now. Sunday I should be able to test and determine daily dosing needs.

^ This should arrive Friday thanks Jason @premiumaquatics. Sunday will be day 5 to run tests and determine my daily use of Alk, Ca and Mg.

I’ve continued to dose kalk as I plan to use the 4th dosing head to continue kalk dosing after getting the Doser set up.

So, I’ll be dosing Alk, Ca, Mg and Kalk.

This arrived today. Sunday will be testing day and setting up the dosing pump.

I’ve been adding 1/2 gallon weak Kalk twice a day to a Zoo Med Little Dripper. The nozzle on the Dripper clogs a lot and I’m tired of mixing up kalk each day.

Looking for a CHEAP and EASY way to add kalk. What are you guys doing? I do have an Apex if there’s an easy way to automate.

ETA: even dosing 1 gallon a day, the solution is weak enough that my Alk is hovering around 10.
Make a glass VOSS dripper.....that zoomed lasted me 30 seconds.....bloody leaker.....
Okay, Mrs griss got me a Jebao DP-4 for Christmas. Looks like I’ll be using that to dose Alk, Ca, Mg and Kalk.

Now to figure out how to interpret these instructions. @kharmaguru You have one of these, right? Any tips would be appreciated.
Just make sure that when you calibrate the first time, that the length of the put tube equals the actual length it will end up being when actually use....I know it sounds stupid but..................

Thanks Sean. I thought I read somewhere this was supposed to come with either tubing and/or a beaker/graduated cylinder. Mine has neither.
Just make sure that when you calibrate the first time, that the length of the put tube equals the actual length it will end up being when actually use....I know it sounds stupid but..................

Back