old skool reefer

i hear what you are saying but my dad told me he wants to cyce my tank this way. this whole thread was about conferming his methond. i plan to do a fowlr with 2 clown fish and and an Anemone safe cleanup crew(maby some small lps) for at least 8-12 months
Get two tanks and you and your dad start them in old and new school ways. See which works better. Keep detailed notes and publish the article. Tropical Fish Hobbyist would love to portray the old/new school way. In fact, if you guys don't so it, I just might.

Except my old school never involved live rock. It wasn't invented when I started. :)

Jeff

Get two tanks and you and your dad start them in old and new school ways. See which works better. Keep detailed notes and publish the article. Tropical Fish Hobbyist would love to portray the old/new school way. In fact, if you guys don't so it, I just might.

Except my old school never involved live rock. It wasn't invented when I started. :)

Jeff

I think if we're talking corals/inverts, then hands-down the new school way wins and it just keeps getting better. In fact, it's the only way to go. But if we're talking FO, I'll take an u/g filter w/dead coral skeletons over a FOWLR system any day of the week. You just gotta keep up with your WCs.

hey guys thanks for the advice. By the way Sugar Magnolia i know you adviced me about not use Anemones yet but this whole thread was about cycling. Also its going to be a 20g with 20g long sump. Ether a JBJ 4x24 Watt Trinity T5HO or 4x24 Watt AquaticLife T5 HO Light (both same just different brand.) Im not very sure on the flow besides the fact the i already have an aqueon 2500 pump

Back