Opinions on Current USA LED Light

I run a 48-inch Current Orbit Marine LED on my 33 long, and it's supported one RBTA (that tends to locate itself high in the tank), soft corals, one monti cap that grew quite large and a fat meat coral on the sand bed.

My tank is only 13" deep, though.

Yeah, I don't think it has the power to penetrate my slightly deeper tank and provide enough PAR. Thanks for the info.

For what it is worth, I have a 24”x24” Cube. I am using a AI 26 hydra HD. I feel like it is just about right for a mixed tank. I keep some SPS towards the top, LPS in the rock work, and softies in various places. I believe the light is doing exactly what I need and my highest channel is 60%. I REALLY like how easy the app is and it’s super easy to dial in my lights and set schedules.

I have had cheaper lights and they do work, but I feel like AI is one of the better bangs for the buck.

Cymonous, if budget is an issue, look at Reef Breeders Photon V2. They are very well made and have 6 channels of color control and leds by Cree and OSRAM. They are really slimline and good looking.

Back