Order Question

Cheekymonkey

Premium Member
I have a 120G 48x24x24 tank. I am purchasing two Wireless Vortech's, a wireless controller, 2 battery backups since power goes out so much here.

I am interested in mounting my two vortechs on the left and right sides of the tank... Do I need to buy two wireless controllers because of this?

The VorTech pumps you purchase will already have the wireless controller so no reason to purchase an extra controller. To effectively communicate with each other, both pumps will need to have the wireless driver, but as stated all pumps are equipped with the wireless controller.

Just to clarify, all MP40w pumps come with a wireless driver. However, there may still be some MP40 (without the 'w') pumps on the shelf but I doubt it. Easiest way to know is if you're paying $350 it won't be an MP40w, if you're paying $420 it will.

-Tim

I am looking at this one

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~vortech~action~view~idProduct~EM1513~idCategory~FIPHFF~category~Ecotech_Marine_VorTech_Propeller_Pumps_with_Wave_Driver_(2xMP40W_Units)_+_Battery_Backup_(1xUnit)_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Powerheads_Fixed_Flowrate_Pumps~vendor~.html

Will this do what I am asking, with one of these power heads on the left side of the tank and the other on the right side?

I am going to be buying an extra battery backup as well since florida blackouts are so common.

If so please let me know, so I can order ASAP (I am excited)

PS if anyone sees a lower price please PRIVATE message me to let me know.

anyway the link won't work but the set on Marine depot listed as:

Ecotech Marine VorTech Propeller Pumps with Wave Driver (2xMP40W Units) + Battery Backup (1xUnit)

Marine Depot is an excellent vendor to purchase our product from. For your 120gallon aquarium, two MP40w pumps and a battery will be a great choice.

-Tim

Back