Oscellaris breeding question!!

chbarber

I am about to get two oscellaris to begin my broodstock tank. I am going to let them change sexes in my frag tank until I get my system built. Would it be better to buy a medium and an x-large and add them to the tank or buy two mediums and add them to the tank? I would think that in the first situation the x-large would become the female since it would be dominant, but would it kill the other clown?

You're going to be better off purchasing two juveniles. It would be certain that an X-Large would already be a female, and highly probable that a Medium would also be a female.

If you can find an extra large go for it, secret is out the easiest way to make a pair and shortest time it adding a really big one and a small one, not a medium one.

I did this back in sep. 06 but had a really hard time finding big occ, 3"+, I bought a lot of them paired them up and most were spawning in 4-5 months.

the "male" should be small not med. and in my experience they don't attack their mate, clarks and maroons do.

Ed

I believe these oscellaris are going to be atleast 2.5" so it should be a female. I will try to put the smallest one we have in the tank with the xlarge. Thanks

Back