OT Anyone have a outboard motor for sale?

cb747

As the topic says. My buddys motor is junk. Does anyone have a 140 to 150 HP outboard for sale or know of one that is for sale? Seems ive been elected to change motors for him when we find one............

The good news is, it's an outboard. You should have it changed out in no time.
The bad news, I have no clue where to locate one at a decent price. I assume that you're posting here, because price is an issue. If not, you could go to any marina and get one new.
Try Billsreef, in another life he used to fix boats. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has a few connections to the right people.

Ive swapped them before. Just hang it off the back of the tow truck and winch away. Piece of cake! As for price it isnt my money and im sure there is a limit. We just need to get something to get the boat back in the water so we can fish :) Im sure Bill will see this thread and chime in when he has a chance :)

Woo hoo we got a good lead on a motor. Its a 150 Merc and has 100 hours on it and only been run in fresh water. Sounds very promising. Going to go check it out Tuesday. The guys going to demo it for us and ill do a compression check and if all is good then problem solved :) Should be back on the water within 2 weeks if not sooner!

If the compression checks out, you've got a winner. That's a good motor. Just replace the water pump if it wasn't done when the motor was winterized or before being used this spring and your good to go ;)

I know all about the water pumps :) Im glad we found him a Merc. Much better than the Evinrudes or Johnsons. Atleast the older ones. We were supposed to check it out today but the guy hurt his foot and had to go get it checked out so hopefully tommorrow :) Compression should be around 120 or a little lower correct?

Boat motor is off till the weekend. My mom is in the hospital so i dont know what my schedule will be the next few days. :(

Chris,

Best of luck to your Mom.

On the compression, I'd have to check the manual to be sure, but that sounds about right. The biggest thing is that there is very little variation between cylinders. More than 10-15 difference is a problem.

Chris,
I hope everything turns out okay with your Mom.

Back