Ot crew

Lol I forgot many got the boot. I haven't been on here in a while & thought I drop by. I've been getting the itch to start up again.

I think I am going to pickup a IM 20 gallon from a local member. Too bad I need a crap ton of other equipment. RO/DI, controller, top off, lighting, pumps...

Thanks! I actually picked up the IM 20gal with stand for a good price. Got it all cleaned up. Bought all the other stuff. Marine Depot had a killer deal on a ReefKeeper Lite with PC4, SL1 (PH probe included) for like $180. Got an RO/DI, AquaMaxx dry rock, live sand, Coral Box ATO, Coral Box RN-1, Photon V2 16, and a few more misc items. Debating if I want to make an Aquaclear HOB Fuge or not. I usually always run a fuge so I will probably add one during the cycle...

My dad and I setup a 150g a few years back that is still going at his house. I plan to take some water and a small piece of live rock to help seed the new tank. I'm excited to start this tank, its been probably four years since I had a tank of my own. Seems like everything changed since I was doing this. Tons of new equipment and new methods. I am shooting for a rather simple setup, zoanthids, mushrooms, GSP, Xenia, softies that move with the flow. Maybe a small acan garden. Going to set the tank up, let it do its thing for about a month or so then start to stock it.

I remember this room was popping.... what happened?

The board is still good. But not this forum. Many old-timers left the hobby and many juveniles banned; the latter created their own playpen which has since dried up. Many on a FB group that's pretty lame.

Any of you guys need sps hit me up. Mine are all growing over each other and so I frag regularly.

Note: I am an old-time without a basement store. There are probably red bugs. They are harmless as evidenced by color and growth. But if this sort of thing words you put then get a bottle of coral dip (which if it weird you out you will need anyway!)

Back