OT - I got hit by a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekrunch

OT Magician
And no ... that wasn't an attention getter... I really did get hit by a car this morning!

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the people who don't look to their right when making a right hand turn! I was out riding my bike this morning and went to cross in front of a car at a stop sign. She had stopped and there was a pack of cars coming. I stopped and stared for a second, she inched up and then stopped again. I assumed she was going to wait for the cars so I went ... and then so did she! Mistake : Never assume the other guy is paying attention!

The good news is I walked away clean. I was clipped into my pedals so when her car hit me, I just fell over onto her hood and the bike held me up. I left a righteous "Ed Print" in her hood before I slid down and hit my elbow on the pavement. I got some pretty good road rash from that one. :( The bike survived with just a minor hit as well, I had to get the wheel trued up and change the tube, but I was able to ride the bike home so not having to walk the mile carrying the bike was a plus!

Funny how you react when this stuff happens. Everything happened in slow motion and I thought to myself "I can't believe i'm actually getting hit by a car!"

Anyway, the moral of this story, look to your left AND YOUR RIGHT when you're turning... there could be a biker there. :)

Thanks man. I seem to be okay other than my elbow, which is just scraped up. We'll see if anything is sore in the morning. :lol:

Funny aside ... ekrunch is short for "Eddie Krunch", a nickname I got about 15 years ago from falling off of my old mountain bike so much during trail riding. Maybe I need a new hobby...

Now I can add "car hoods" to the list of things i've smashed a bike into. :cool:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260057#post15260057 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILLiDaN
Moral of the story own an evo

Why would i spend 38K on a junk evo when i can build a 1G dsm (same 4G63 motor) for like 5K and run low low low 11's all day?

OR

Just drive the cobra i have that pulls mid 9's that cost less than 20k to build

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260065#post15260065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jon luciani
Why would i spend 38K on a junk evo when i can build a 1G dsm (same 4G63 motor) for like 5K and run low low low 11's all day?

OR

Just drive the cobra i have that pulls mid 9's that cost less than 20k to build

Because neither are as sexy as an evo10

36183.jpg

Rick go get that evo 10 ill give you a tennis ball where it lands is your spot you pick cobra or stang ill eat that thing any day of the week + AC COBRA is wayyyyyyy better looking :p

I'll take an Evo IX over a X anyday....

Careful who you're giving tennis ball starts to Jon, there are some no joke Evos around. Were going to be putting a set of Kelford Cams into a buddys Evo.... His car scoots.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260106#post15260106 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badazztealcobra
I'll take an Evo IX over a X anyday....

Careful who you're giving tennis ball starts to Jon, there are some no joke Evos around. Were going to be putting a set of Kelford Cams into a buddys Evo.... His car scoots.....

The only two evos on the street i wont spot are carlos and danny both are mid 9's one silver one red one has the turbo popping out of the grill aswell lol

notice how i didnt give numbers on the stang :bum:

I'm not doubting your car, but there's definitely more Evos around here that can wreak some havok, especially if you start handing out tennis ball starts... :lol:

The other thing that makes it hard is us being so close to AMS... Bastards. LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260121#post15260121 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badazztealcobra
I'm not doubting your car, but there's definitely more Evos around here that can wreak some havok, especially if you start handing out tennis ball starts... :lol:

The other thing that makes it hard is us being so close to AMS... Bastards. LOL

Me and AMS dont get along to well..............I use to have a very very very fast 1G

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260343#post15260343 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SaraB
Glad to hear you are okay Ed, you are lucky! Today you will be one sore guy!

+1

I told you being a biker can be dangerous.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15260342#post15260342 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poo-tang
my neck, my back, my neck and my back!

:lol: :lol:

Im suing for 150 THOUSAND..... But we can settle out of court for $20.

MAAAN, It aint even wet over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back