OT: IPhone 4

I have not been able to replicate the "hand on antenna" bar reduction at all. It is a little temperamental in my gf's office but I think it's the building and not the phone because I have seen it happen there before. I don't know what the yellowing screen is but all four that we got look great.

bottom line the people that were lucky to pick up an Iphone 4.........how do you like it so far.?

I think I will keep my EVO, the whole losing reception thing when talking on my phone is not really worth the hassle. I could see if they apologized for the problem, instead their answer is you're not holding the phone correctly and/or buy a $30 bumper.

Those that upgraded. Did this affect your unlimited plans with ATT?

I saw this posted on engadget and am now cautious of even thinking about upgrading from my 3g.

AT&T you can get as low at $55 with 200MB of data, 450 minutes of talk, and no messaging. If you want unlimited voice and messaging, along with 2GB of data (the most AT&T will pre-sell you, it's $10 per GB after that), you'll be forking over $115 a month.

So one of our four has some yellowing in a spot on the screen and she says that everyone is telling her it sounds like she is under water. So, we will find out what their defect replacement policy is like this week.

I have Verizon. which my contract is about to expire. And i'm thinking of switching to AT&T so i can get the new Iphone 4..

Is AT&T having any promo's for new carriers ?? and where can i go to buy it . I went to AT&T page but it won't allow me to purchase one ???

I have Verizon. which my contract is about to expire. And i'm thinking of switching to AT&T so i can get the new Iphone 4..

Is AT&T having any promo's for new carriers ?? and where can i go to buy it . I went to AT&T page but it won't allow me to purchase one ???

June 28th is went they will be in store to purchase
HTH

I pass on iphone 4. Why? Google "5 reasons why NOT to get an Iphone 4"

They will put to the test the new hardware with the people how are willing to upgrade, get another 24 month of service contract with ATT and pay between $199 to $299 plus upgrade fee.

This phone is not 4G ready. If you guys had read that At&T and Verizon are getting ready to release their new service in the next coming months. This will push the release of Iphone 4G by this time next year. With probably Facetime running on 4G network.

I understand that is hip to have the latest in your pocket. But give me a break. For those who contracts are expiring by the end of this year or beginning of next one don't fall in their trap and for those changing carriers hold on. Verizon Iphone is seems in the horizons...

Also I will wait to see what Droid X and Microsoft phone 7 have to offer.

Thanks
Jantunes for the info .

I really don't want to change carriers cause i'm up in the Mountain's and my calls always come through. I heard there's bad connections with at&t. But the main reason is..... i want to hook up the
Reef Keeper ELITE V2, and i beleive it only works with iphone Apps ??

Does verizon have a phone that i use to monitor my fish tank , when i'm away from home ??

Thanks everyone

Janet

I wonder if an iPad made more sense to you, I assume that aquanotes probably works on the iPad, all you will need is a data plan.

Thanks
Jantunes for the info .

I really don't want to change carriers cause i'm up in the Mountain's and my calls always come through. I heard there's bad connections with at&t. But the main reason is..... i want to hook up the
Reef Keeper ELITE V2, and i beleive it only works with iphone Apps ??

Does verizon have a phone that i use to monitor my fish tank , when i'm away from home ??

Thanks everyone

Janet

Apple solves mystery of faulty iPhones 4

Problem: Complaints about thousands of phone calls being dropped: Apples Statement "Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength," the company said in a statement on its Web site today.

Solution:Apple will use a new signal-strength formula.

LOL What are they saying? That there are only 3 bars; not five. How does redoing this formula correct for dropped calls. Bottom line it doesn't.

This was posted on the blog about the new fix for the new Iphone and I couldn't help but laugh.

The fix for poor signal is to make the gauge read different? That is like saying that the way to improve gas mileage is to have a more accurate gas gauge.

Unless there is some software that tells the phone to hang up if the displayed signal strength is not equal to the actual signal, then this cosmetic fix will just show how crappy the AT&T network is, and do nothing for the problem.

Pure BS. Even if it wasn't BS, that means that apple lied then about the iphone's signal strength for 3 years, then magically figured out it was wrong after they got caught.
Maybe they can develop an app to turn left-handed users into right handed users by clicking an icon. Problem solved with the antenna.

Bottom line get a Droid

Problem: Complaints about thousands of phone calls being dropped: Apples Statement "Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength," the company said in a statement on its Web site today.

LOL What are they saying? That there are only 3 bars; not five. How does redoing this formula correct for dropped calls. Bottom line it doesn't.

This was posted on the blog about the new fix for the new Iphone and I couldn't help but laugh.

The fix for poor signal is to make the gauge read different? That is like saying that the way to improve gas mileage is to have a more accurate gas gauge.

Unless there is some software that tells the phone to hang up if the displayed signal strength is not equal to the actual signal, then this cosmetic fix will just show how crappy the AT&T network is, and do nothing for the problem.

Pure BS. Even if it wasn't BS, that means that apple lied then about the iphone's signal strength for 3 years, then magically figured out it was wrong after they got caught.
Maybe they can develop an app to turn left-handed users into right handed users by clicking an icon. Problem solved with the antenna.

Bottom line get a Droid

Agreed, but wait till December for the 2ghz Droid, that thing will be unbelievable and anyone who upgrades now will wish they waited.

Bottom line get a Droid

Actually the problem was with the Users holding the phone wrong. LOL. I am a iPhone owner and will still probably end up with a 4g. But I just think its hilarious. I have a love hate relationship with apple and its products. Bottom line, it's still a nice phone even with its quirks and as much as anyone complains. It will still own a large part of the smart phone market share.

Just wanted to update Apple replace our defective phone no questions asked even when they could not replicate the poor call quality and the rep said he couldn't see the yellow streak on the screen.

Also I am not losing calls like you keep hearing about and I still don't have a case or bumper. The only place I get bad signal is inside my gf's warehouse/office that is all steel and concrete, but everyone gets bad signal in their so it is the building and not the phones.

Back